or Connect

Posts by DDBear

That's a good explanation, what you said summarizes nicely dozens of threads that I read. If I had to run phantom center, then I still wonder what is best for the Denon DRC (dynamic range compression) setting? This can be turned off completely in the menu on this particular model.
Because of mounting issues with the space (lack thereof) above or below the projection screen I may have to do a 4.1 with the B&W CM1s instead of 5.1 like I was planning. I have the Denon 2809CI. In reading discussions about phantom center, some receivers will degrade the signal under certain conditions in order to mix the channels for the phantom center. Does this also apply to the Denon 2809CI. I'm trying to get a sense of the pros/cons with this particular...
I'm setting up the home theater in our rectangular 17' x 30' living room and the viewing area is in the center of the 30' side. The floor is carpet with wood panel walls and minimal furnishing and there are lots of windows (reflective walls, absorbent floor). 5 of the B&W CM1 speakers for 5.1 surround will be mounted to the walls near the ceiling (or hanging from the ceiling) so it won't be easy to move them around to experiment with placement. I also have a subwoofer...
When I listened to CM1 and CM5 (for use as fronts in a larger room) the CM1 actually sounded a bit nicer with more crisp definition. I wonder why I had that impression. Does anyone know if ceiling mounts are available for CM1? I would need to hang them from the ceiling. I can use generic speaker mounts but I would like to avoid making screw holes in the top of the box if possible. Is there a mount that is nice looking and holds the CM1 from the bottom?
Sounds like high mounted front speakers would be the best. I guess I should probably sell my Axiom M60 floor speakers and replace them smaller bookshelf size speakers that I can mount up high.
This is a living room and the front of the room consists of large top to bottom windows. When the shades are up, and the 118" DNP screen is rolled up, we have a nice view and floor speakers would destroy the view. I could put the floor speakers in the back of the room on each side of the viewer pointed to the front, hoping that the sound would reflect back from the flat window surfaces. Not sure if that would result in halfway decent sound since the higher frequencies...
I'm setting up a new home theater system in our 17' x 30' living room. Now I'm running into a tricky spot thinking where I'd place the front speakers because I can't place them on the 30' (length) side of the room where the projection screen is to face toward the viewer (long story to explain why). However I can put my Axiom M60 floor speakers along the 17' (width) side of the room to face toward the viewer in a perpendicular manner. This is a standard stereo setup,...
Does anyone know a good distributor for DNP Supernova Flex Classic 118" who can just sell me one for DIY install without a long sales pitch about other system components? I called DNP and they gave me numbers of system integrators and I've been on the phone for an hour listening to suggestions about my projector, automation controls etc. without getting pricing info ("I'll call you back with pricing...") My install is very simple, I plan to do it myself.. I'd order it...
After looking at these choices it looks like the DNP Supernova Flex Classic would be ideal for what I need (since it has to be electric retractable). Screen Innovations told me they're coming out with Black Diamond Stealth this summer which will be retractable but that might be too long to wait. Any others I should consider that is similar to DNP Supernova Flex Classic?
Do these brightly-lit environment screens such as the DNP Supernova compromise the image when the room is dark? So at night would the screen then appear too bright?