or Connect

Posts by JakeRobb

Okay, so it turned out to be the sound modes. When streaming the aforementioned MP3 via Airplay, the MOVIE, MUSIC, and GAME modes all result in the AVR display saying STEREO and the crossover settings working as configured. But if I press PURE, the display says DIRECT and the mains receive full strength signal with no attenuation all the way down to 5hz. This is the case regardless of the crossover setting, speaker size setting, or Subwoofer Mode setting (LFE / LFE +...
There does seem to be some significant port noise from the Klipsch at very low frequencies. The sub came very highly recommended from people on this site, so I doubt it's normal for this unit. I'll do a bit more research, but I've been wondering if I need to send it in for warranty repair/replacement. Good thing I still have the box. Quoting my first post: "Audyssey ran fine, setting my front speakers to "small" and the front crossover to 60hz"I'll unplug the sub and...
Nobody has any ideas?
Hi, I recently took delivery of my new Klipsch RW-12d subwoofer for my home theater buildout. Next on the list are a projector screen and a set of good surround speakers from Ascend Acoustics, but for now I'm projecting on a wall and using a cheap pair of RCA 2-way stereo speakers with 5.25" main drivers. I have no center or surround. Everything is connected through my Denon AVR-2313ci. Anyway, I wanted to run Audyssey with the subwoofer connected, run some tests, and...
New progress update: The downstairs room is finished and now just needs to be equipped with components. I had an old 30" CRT HDTV and a VCR+DVD player sitting in my garage, so I dusted those off, brought them inside, and wired them up. I also had an old RCA shelf stereo I've had since high school hooked up to an Airport Express in the garage. Since it's winter and I won't be spending much time in the garage for a while, I brought all of that inside as well, and those...
I just ordered mine.
I just ordered mine.
Okay, I've done a bunch of research, and I think the Klipsch is the right answer if I can get it at that price point. I've added a camelegg.com price alert for the Klipsch, and I'll buy it as soon as the price is right. Thanks!
Believe me, I know I'm leaving a lot on the table at this price point. Someday down the road, I'm hoping there's a $1000+ sub in my future, like maybe the Rythmik Audio subs that Ascend recommends with their speakers. If things go well for me financially, maybe it'll be even better than that. The more I spend on the initial round, the harder it'll be to justify upgrading later. So, for now, I really want and need to stay under $500 shipped. Any other options I should...
I'm getting ready to set up a small movie-viewing room, and my subwoofer choice is still up in the air. The room is L-shaped. The theater space is 16' x 11', with another 12' x 10' space to the right of the seating area, and a 4' hallway leading away at the front-right of the theater. 8' ceilings, so it works out to about 2600 cubic feet, not counting the hallway. I'll be using a 100" AT screen which may block a portion of the hallway when it's down. The room is in a...