or Connect

Posts by limsilas

Hi all, sorry to revive an old thread, but I have almost the opposite problem described here with one of my dual RW-12Ds... For some reason, one of them seems to randomly "shut off." Once, I checked the sub and noticed that the LCD screen was off, and it didn't t respond to any button-pushing - so I turned off the sub from the back, then turned it back on, and everything was fine. But several days later, I noticed that the sub had "turned off" again. The sub seems to be...
Thanks a lot!
Hi all, I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but I could not find a definitive answer: does the (47) LW5600 output 5.1 audio via ARC? I have my Denon AVR-2113Ci connected to the LG via HDMI, and occasionally I watch things on the LG using one of its apps or through MediaLink, with the audio getting passed through to the Denon via ARC. I'm just wondering whether 5.1 audio is transmitted this way, and if not, whether an optical cable would do the trick. Thanks!
Thanks, jdsmoothie! Got it working. I first tried connecting the blu-ray player to a different input on the Denon - the DVD input - which initially didn't work, but then I realized it's because the DVD input on the Denon was un-assigned. So I assigned it to the correct HDMI input, and it worked - blu-ray audio through the receiver! I switched the blu-ray player back to the blu-ray input on the Denon, but still no audio - video only. However, I noticed that the front panel...
Hi all, I have a perplexing issue that I have been unable to resolve after a fair amount of searching, both here and elsewhere: essentially, I only get video from my blu-ray player, and no audio through the AVR. Devices: Denon AVR-2113CI Panasonic DMP-BDT210 blu-ray player LG 47 LW5600 TV Motorola cable box The blu-ray player and cable box are connected via HDMI to the Denon, which outputs everything via HDMI to the TV. Once upon a time everything worked fine, but...
I just setup my dual RW-12Ds yesterday, and neither of them properly go into standby mode (with the receiver being off).
Good luck! Let us know what happens.
That's interesting - it's kind of the opposite of the auto-on feature not working correctly when you going into only one of the RCA inputs. Maybe with both RCA inputs your sub is "too sensitive" and is detecting a signal even when there's not really one?
That sounds - pun intended! - exactly like the result I would like. However, I do believe the BS22s are ported - there is a "big hole" in the back, and I think the specifications state they should be at least 6 inches from the wall. But other AVSers seem to wall-mount them just how I plan to...and the mount I plan to use (Pinpoint AM-40B) gives at least a bit of breathing room for the speakers.I hope the wall clearance will not be an issue for these speakers.
Yes, the couch facing the screen is the primary seating. Earlier you stated to not aim directly-radiating speakers towards the listener, so as to better achieve diffusion. But you make an interesting point about utilizing the corner to bounce sound off one wall and the ceiling.So mounting surrounds near the ceiling isn't "too high"?If it's not too high, then I will plan to mount to the sidewalls, high up towards the ceiling, and almost against the back wall. Then, I can...