or Connect

Posts by doodoobutter

Well to be fair, I intended on "xplod"ing them, and I won. They were pretty damn loud in a house above 40hz with music. Then I hit em with a movie and literally put cracks in the cheap plastic cones. I don't know if they still make them out of plastic these days but wow, plastic. They were in my basement from the highschool box building days.I don't remember what kind of power I was giving them 10 years ago, but I'll have to say I was pretty blown away for about 20 minutes...
They probably just can't handle the power. I hooked 2 old 12" sony xplods to an ep4000, didn't last long.
Did you have a high pass filter set up? If not you could have hit some low frequencies and it wouldn't take too many watts to send that speaker flying all over the place...
My next batch is either going to be an IPA with belgium yeast, pumpkin ale, or maybe a really hopper lagar. Or maybe all 3.
Update... been away from the forum for a while and just updating some posts that I left open. I solved my problem. I ended up stumbling across an amp at a yard sale. For five dollars. And. It. Owns! It's pretty old, and it can't compete with the yamaha in my living room, but for what I payed I'm more than satisfied. I'm not near it right now, but if anyone is curious I can break out a model number tomorrow. It's advertised as 50 watts per channel (2 channels). I grabbed a...
I finished reading the whole thread, great job. This is a huge inspiration for me. I'm planning on opening a small brewery that will fill growlers and kegs, and also sell to local bars in a busy city area. I'm thinking a beer theater in the basement. I always wished I could have a beer at the theater, it could be very unique like your idea. I would be going the pi + preamp + lilmike route as well. Was thinking of going with 4 lilwreckers instead though. Well since it won't...
But I like when my hard wood floors feel like they are rippling under my feat But seriously, for over the top bass, I think it starts at 120db down to 20hz. Why? Not because I'm going to watch a movie at the level of sound, I couldn't take that for 2 hours. It's for headroom. For when you are pushing it little bit but not into totally uncomfortable levels. So when the car crash seen happens your sub doesn't take a dump.And also for playing ridiculous rap or dubstep songs...
Good response, it just depends on the listener. I've had someone complain that was pretty far, maybe 70 yards away, that we were having a house party. Turned out we were watching a movie. IMO 120db down to 20hz. Any less... mehMore than that? Invite me over.To achieve beyond this cheaply, build 4 f20s or 4 lilwreckers at a cost of around $1300.. Hope you have a big basement. If you don't go diy, expect to pay around 8k for 4 "smaller" subs.
We kegged a batch of mint raspberry imperial stout a couple weeks ago, ended up around 13%. Let it age since november, crazy tasting beer for sure. I thought about a cheap pro amp but I'd like to be able to have a couple features to adjust the sound, which is why I'm going for a bare bones receiver instead. Those outdoor speakers look nice, but I've never heard outdoor speakers that sound good, they always sound like an ipod dock or something.Not that I'm looking for...
http://www.diysoundgroup.com/speaker-kits/os-speaker-kit.html I'm going to try and grab this cheap bestbuy amp in a second. Do you think this speaker build is better than me tuning enclosures for the 8" goldwood fullrange drivers? I haven't modeled them yet, but I could be getting atleast a 40hz tune ported with them if they are somewhat close to their specs. Amps aside, these 2 speaker options are tough for me. Go with the linked speaker plans, or the crappy full...