or Connect

Posts by 12loser12

Hi, I am hooking up multiple channels to a Pyle PSS8 speaker selector. I plan to power this with my Onkyo 709's powered zone 2 but am a little unsure of the proper hookup. The 709 has 2 different powered Zone 2 outs labeled Front Wide R/Zone 2 and Front Wide L/Zone 2. The back looks like this: Similarly the Pyle Speaker Selector has inputs for L and R from the amp, the back end looking like this: Intuitively, I would plan to hook a speaker wire from each of my...
Hi, I am attempting to hook up whole house audio through the powered zone 2 of my 709. I have a Pyle pss8 speaker selector. The back looks like this: I am planning on hooking it up to the front wide/ zone 2 out that looks like this: My question is this: I thought I had read somewhere that I should only hook up 1 line (right or left) from my onkyo zone 2 outs, and not both (right and left) to my speaker selector. Now that I have the equipment ready to hook up I...
Love the advice, thanks again guys. Just to clarify, when you say home run all of the wires I'm assuming you mean run them all from the basement to the speaker selector instead of one? If so, I am curious if/how you would hook these up. The speaker selector upstairs is to make it more accessible, but I am unsure what more wires from the basement to the speaker selector would do or if/how I would use them. Also, thanks for the heads up on the cat5. What exactly would...
They are not run yet, I have a rough idea for running them but still need to finalize my plans and equipment as I've never done this and have 0 expertise in the area (I just like having music on). My receiver is in my basement with my projector and movie surround (those wires are run). I was thinking of pulling a speaker wire from my zone 2 through the wall to a closet upstairs and hooking it up to my speaker selector. Then I would run speaker wires from that closet to...
Thanks for the replies. I know this is reviving an old topic but I am finally moved into my new house and other projects unfortunately took priority (for some reason my wife thought we needed a kitchen and bathroom before whole home audio...) Anyway, the suggested Aton product looks very nice. I was wondering, though, in the interim, what would be the disadvantage of buying a cheap speaker selector with a built in protector? I was looking on ebay for some used and was...
Hi, I'm looking to temporarily throw my Viewsonic Pro8200 onto a basement wall of drywall. The rest of my basement is painted a dark blue. I will likely build my own screen at some point, make a nice paint mix, and have a good setup. However, for now, I am looking more for a stopgap. I don't have a paint sprayer, a good way of mixing paints, or really even the time or workspace to build my screen. What single paint, that will be rolled onto primed drywall would you...
Thanks for the reply, yes I did mean keystone, sorry. How did you mount your doable board to your wall at an angle? Will this change the recommended distance I should throw the image from? I have an electrician coming over for our kitchen remodel and he is willing to put an electrical box in the ceiling for the projector but I am trying to figure out how far back to install the box. Does keystone kill the picture that much? Would a shelf mount in the back of the room...
Hi all, I apologize in advance, I am a total novice. I am planning to project a Viewsonic Pro 8200 onto my basement wall seen below (sorry for the terrible phone pic): I have tried using elite projector calculator but had a hard time getting it to work. My room is likely not ideal, but I am unsure what adjustments need made. Ceiling height: 87.5 inches (85 inches to crown molding) Screen height: 50 inches max (Front speakers are 35inches from floor to bottom of crown...
Hi all, First off, thanks for all the help I always seem to find on these forums. Its great. Secondly, I am a complete beginner to the home a/v world. I have searched through these forums quite a bit, but find that a lot of the advice is for true audiophiles/videophiles and may not be the best for me. I moved into a fixer upper about 6 months ago and with the wife's blessing I get to turn the basement into a movie/tv/bar hangout area. So for starters here's what I'm...
Wow, excellent help as always. Certainly appreciate the responses. Followup question since i didn't fully consider how low the picture may end up being: Has anyone had any experiences with a lower mounted projector throwing the screen upwards? Any obvious downsides to this other than the constant walking in front of it messing up the picture?