or Connect

Posts by galleyhand

Last night for a quick test I put the R7000 in the living room and left the R6300 as is in the computer room. I setup the R7000 following this guide: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24105/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzg4MTk2Mzk4L3NpZC9SY0RjUFZJbA%3D%3D I then connected my tivo and ps4 to the r7000 via ethernet cable. I use my laptop in the living room while watching tv via wireless N. With the way I have the routers hooked up is my laptop connecting...
Hey Bob, I have the Netgear R6300 router and I just bought the Netgear R7000 today and I could use some advice. I have a computer room with a desktop computer and docsis 3 cable modem along with the R6300. In my living room, I have a Tivo box, PS4, and now the R7000. What would be the best way to get the most performance out of the Netgear routers? Thanks!
Just wanted to add that I experienced the same problem last night for the first time. I lost my wireless connection (I update the tv with wireless since I bought it) and when I tried to setup the connection again it would say it couldn't find any networks. Reset router/modem with no fix. Wired connection worked. The last update from Dec. was done via wireless so I was thinking maybe that might have messed up something. I read your other post saying you turned off the tv...
I updated mine via wireless about 1 hr ago with no problems. After the update finished, tv turned itself off and then back on like it is supposed to do. After it came back on, a popup box came up saying the update added new apps like Facebook, Twitter, Pandora, and some others and it also added 6-8 games.
I sit 12-13 feet away and the picture looks amazing!
Sorry to say but the sticker is dead in the center on the back. Since mine is not mounted on the wall, I just looked behind it and checked for you.
What other problems were you having with the first tv?
My 1st set did this to me as well. I ended up bringing it back to Best Buy due to this and other problems.Now that I think about it, I haven't tried Youtube or anything on Smart Central on the 2nd set so I need to see if this set will freeze up as well.
My 844U just turned itself off (again) while watching cable tv and I immediately grabbed the remote and started pressing the MENU button and nothing popped up on the screen. So this confirms 100% that the TV is for sure turning itself off. I think that Sharp rep told you "most of the callers have had the menu come up" and blaming it on "weak signals" is BS!
I'm glad that you posted this. I bought my first 844U from local Best Buy and had bad clouding, audio sync problems, tv froze up couple times and had to unplug the tv to reset it, and it would turn itself off and then on. All this within the first 3 weeks of having it. I had enough and brought it back and Best Buy ordered me another 844U.The 2nd set had very small amount of clouding (nothing like the 1st set), I have had audio sync problems maybe 2-3 times (1st set was...