or Connect

Posts by NK0d3R

The black rectangle only appears when watching content streamed from the PC (probably a bug in the TV's media player, the official answer from Samsung about this was : will be fixed in a future firmware update). Even ignoring this issue, setting the backlight to 4 from a maximum of 20, as Samsung suggested, makes the picture look like crap, even when not watching PC content, so, even without the black rectangle in the middle, and also doesn't fix much of the clouding. I...
Hello, The glasses' model number is : SSG - 4100GB. 750€ is an incredible price for that model. Nice find, if you find a good unit, that's a bargain.
Looking forward to seeing them. Also, a smaller screen will usually mean less chance of clouding. Not to mention that 6710 is a mid range 6 series TV, while yours is a tier higher. So, it's a higher quality TV. When I take test photos, I usually open a movie from my PC and pause it immediately. The first frames are usually black. Do that test and post results. Thanks and enjoy your new TV.
Ok, if you get one, post pictures, I'm curious
I meant 'everytime I turn it on'. 90% of the time when watching what I normally watch (playing console games, watching YouTube or streaming movies from my PC), I don't notice it. It's only disturbing when watching dark scenes while shutting off every light source in the room. And, of course such scenes are, on average, 0%-5% of a movie. Unless you're watching Buried . If you're watching a soccer game, for example, you will never notice it. I think all my pictures are taken...
No. For the first hour (or rather half an hour) there's basically no clouding (as in the third image). Afterwards, it gets progressively worse. When I posted the images I had them named accordingly, but the file names were not kept, so I don't remember exactly which is which, but I'm pretty sure the third image is taken right after the TV was started as it shows very little clouding. And if I had to guess it would be : - first image : after a couple of hours - second image...
No, I believe the third one was taken just right after I turned on the TV. Clouding doesn't get bad until after one hour or so.
Yeah, too bad clouding can't be fixed by a firmware update as well.
I'm still at work right now, so I can't test anything. And, being 1:10 AM right now, I don't think I'll test anything today. But, I tried basically all backlight settings, it seems that the screen will change it's brightness in a somewhat uniform fashion. What I mean is that the brightness difference between a cloud spot and a normal zone will not vary that much with the backlight settings. This TV has another feature that should theoretically help: local dimming. That...
It's 400Hz 'CMR' or Clear Motion Rate. I think that it's a 400Hz 'perceived' rate obtained thru image processing, and a 200Hz 'real', 'physical' refresh rate. I would love to have some info about this from someone who knows about this measuring standard, which is a marketing ploy, of course. In 3D that mean 100 'real' Hz per eye which should be enough, but, oddly enough, it doesn't always feel so. When playing Xbox 360 thru HDMI I use Standard image settings and a...