or Connect

Posts by lahatte

Interesting. Thanks.
Ok. Odd I don't seem to be able to get the 5.1 via Amazon. Oh well.
I see the 5.1 indicator in Netflix on the movie info page via my TV app. Strange they don't put it on the website.
I see. I actually do see Netflix showing the 5.1 indicator on the movie info page. What kind of internet speed do you have there? I get about 7.6 Mbps, via http://www.speedtest.net. With the limited selection, and apparent lack of 5.1 via my TV app, I am seeing no reason to stay with Prime, so I may just cancel. Thanks.
Thanks Michael. I just tried that one. I don't get 5.1 on it either. Do you know a way to see what audio/video format a title in going to stream in on the Amazon screen? Thanks.
I have a Panasonic P60ST60 TV and Amazon Prime. I don't know of a way to see what a movie title is offered in (720 or 1080, and if it is in DD5.1) when viewing the info about the movie on the Amazon info screen. I watched a relatively new movie (Monsters, 2011 or 2012), and it did not stream with DD5.1. I have yet to see anything from Amazon stream in DD5.1. I can get 1080p and DD5.1 on movies from Vudu, and at least DD5.1 from Netflix. Any thoughts? Thanks. Clay
Spend2much, Nice idea. Looks nice. However, in my opinion the TV could go on top of the center speaker area. It just seems about a foot low for viewing to me. Good job!
Hi, I have just gotten the Pioneer SW-8MK2 subwoofer. Mostly, it works well, but on heavy, strong bass, it makes crackling noises. At the beginning of the movie "John Carter", for example, there is a strong bass rumble which causes the speaker to crackle. If anyone else has this speaker, and can try this, I would be interested to know the result. I don't know if this one is defective, or just can't be pushed that hard. It's odd, though, my old RCA rt2250 system never...
Thanks very much for the input on this. Clay
How about this? I can get the Pioneer sub at 100 watts. Since the NR809 has two sub outs, if I find it isn't enough, I can add another one.