or Connect

Posts by has7738

Up-sampling to 48KHz doesn't change the audio waveform, though, only the sampling rate. To do that at least some samples must be added through interpolation to create the proper number of samples per second. Resampling at its worst would add 3dB of noise, but it would be a surprise if it's done that way. Typically sample-rate conversion with noise shaping and proper dithering shouldn't add any noticeable noise. Up-sampling never improves anything either, though.So if...
Apple TV is great, hard to beat. But if you only want audio and don't have a device with an HDMI or optical input, try out an AirportXpress. It works with iTunes as an AirTunes destination, and has an analog as well as optical out, so you can plug it into pretty much anything with a line level audio input, not true of ATV except the 1st gen. Otherwise, same specs. And it's a few bucks cheaper, doubles as a wireless printer hub, WIFI access point, or separate WiFi net. ...
Actually, the system needs to first ignore response excursions that are specific to one measurement location and process measurements in multiple locations in a way that reveals response excursions that are not location specific.Undocumented, yes. "Not deterministic"? Well, by definition, "deterministic" means "the doctrine that all facts and events exemplify natural laws". It would seem Audyssey, and all other attempts at room compensation would have to be...
A GC-100 device can control anything that responds to IR, RS232 or contact closure, and that's pretty much everything except devices that respond to IP commands. So if you have a dimmer you wish to control, most dimmer systems use something other than RS232 or IR, but there are converters available. There are at least two Insteon controllers that take RS232 commands and spit out Insteon commands, also return replies the other way. Same with Lutron. The idea is to...
First, in 5.1 you don't want the surrounds to be essentially mono unless you specifically want that sound in center rear. Mix surrounds to create ambiance, etc., using separate signals, perhaps stereo, perhaps just uncorrellated.Unfortunately I'm behind in my FCP updates, and I don't use FCP X. However, in older versions you could have as many output channels as you had sound card to support them. If you had, say, a Presonus FireStudio Project with 8 hardware outputs,...
The problem isn't your receiver, it's the way the computer handles audio from the system and media. The key is that you stated that system sounds go to the receiver as PCM. From what you're saying the PC is spitting out PCM to the receiver, and not passing the Dolby Digital stream directly. It's not the receiver's fault, it's correctly decoding what it gets, it's just getting PCM. This is because of how the PC routes digital audio. Could be a function of the sound...
There isn't a single document that details Audyssey, and getting info out of them is hard to do. They believe they have the definitive auto EQ system, and aren't about to tip their hand. I got the 9dB figure from someone on the inside, very inside. I'm an Audyssey Registered Installer.Frankly the deep tech details are still veiled in a bit of fog, but I've been through their training, talked extensively with the key people, used the Pro version and software many times...
Yup, all true. In the context of this tread, though, we're talking about consumer HIFI speakers not being loud enough for his out-door party. Consumer HIFI speaker's efficiency is often down around the high 70s, low 80s, sometimes hitting the high 80s, but that's about it. So, just by selecting a pro PA speaker that's up around the mid to upper 90s, you get the effect of 10-15dB more SPL with the same power amp. That's the same as taking your 100wpc AVR and making it...
Audyssey's adjustment range is +/- 9dB. Their reasoning relates to over tasking power amps if more adjustment range was provided. Should take care of any average amount of under-sized wire with wildly complex speaker loads, though as I said before, using bigger wire is a far better solution. It's interesting, though, that something like Audyssey would eliminate any differences imposed by exotic speaker wire too. That expensive coat-hanger stuff? Or that $50/foot...
EV not mainstream? Ha, that IS funny! BTW, it's not as much about amp power, much more about speaker efficiency. Every doubling of amp power is a 3dB change. 200W to 400W = +3dB. 400 to 800 is another +3dB. Yet a perceived doubling in volume takes a 10dB change. You got to have efficient speakers to get loud sound at a distance, especially outdoors.