or Connect

Posts by capnsmak

Random, but pretty cool.     
Can you believe it's been 30 years since the CD player was launched? Yes, on October 1, 1982, Sony launched the first CD player in Japan, the CDP-101. It cost the equivalent of $730 at the time -- which would have been about double that today considering inflation.              Prior to the CD player's release, it was the Bee Gees who inaugurated the format.        Do you remember when you got your first CD player or CDs?   Source
  YES. 
Absolutely hilarious...  
So I'm thrilled The Game and Royal Tenenbaums finally recently came out on blu-ray, which made me wonder... what movies are you still waiting for on blu-ray? For me, The Abyss and True Lies immediately come to mind. 
There was a super old thread about this a while back, but I figured it was time to kick off a new one. Here's one of my all time favorite movie moments/quotes. What are some of yours?           I laugh at that line every time. 
Oh hey, I know that site.   
Thing at CEDIA I would most want to buy if I had loads of money: a Full Swing Golf setup. Comes with projector, screen, etc. Base price of $65K.         Thing I would least want to buy: RockSolid speaker system. I mean, it works and all. But it's a rock.     
Here is more info on Darbee's new product that I posted in this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1428271/darbee-fidelio-demoed-at-cedia    
We got a chance to check out Darbee's new higher-end image enhancing product for next year, the Fidelio, at CEDIA. Just like the Darblet, the Fidelio can vastly improve upon standard visuals (here are some high res examples if you want to see). While it's still a ways off -- a Darbee rep said it'll ship in Q3 of next year -- they had a prototype of it running at the show. As you can see, it's definitely for the higher-end consumer: it has a slick looking video equalizer,...