or Connect

Posts by DoxieRob

Thank you Brian, I considered doing the same thing and picking up an old, used laptop. Shame on Sony though for making this whole connection issue so user unfriendly. I believe that Chromapure ultimately enabled me to achieve the same results as the Sony's Image Director likely would have though. Rob
Michael, Yes, using Boot Camp + Parallels is definitely the way to go. I'm pretty inept with computers, but got that combo to work on my iMac just fine. Chromapure will then work very well for you this way.
Thank you both Tom and Michael. Tom, I would love to leave the color setting at 50, but that's not what ChromaPure is telling me. I'm having to lower the color control (a bad option) by about a dozen, in order to get post-calibration color saturation to match pre-calibration saturation. I'm definitely not purposely trying to add any color saturation at all. I have tried 75% intensity patterns in the past, too, but they produced the same result. Yes, I'm definitely using...
Thank you Maximus. That "something wrong" is exactly what I'm trying to get at after months & months of trying to get this thing calibrated. I'll definitely try your 87 color and "normal" color space. Unfortunately I can't use Sony's software for the gamma, because I don't have a laptop and my iMac only has USB ports. I've tried every different cable suggested on this site, but Sony has made it ridiculously difficult for their customers to use the Image Director. Tom says...
In desperate need of calibration help here, please… I’ve put in well over 250 hours trying to calibrate a Sony VPL-VW95ES via ChromaPure, with & without using auto-cal, a new DVDO Duo and a new i1 Display 3 PRO and each time, despite excellent grayscale & chromaticity errors under 2, I keep ending up with extremely oversaturated colors. Colors are almost glowing with reds and greens (faces & grass) and Bruce Willis’s t-shirt in the Blu-ray Fifth Element is such a loud...
Tom, I just now read this, but you were right on the money, thank you - my issue was the same as your JVC issue. The first thing I did when starting my newest marathon calibration session on Friday night, was to look for the red in the 5% level of grayscale and sure enough red was extremely high. So, I went into the Duo's 0% controls and lowered red significantly, until it no longer permeated the 5% level. This completely cured the over-redness problem. Now I have a new...
Thank you Chad, but unfortunately I've got those two covered. The room is completely blacked-out, the computer is facing backwards, away from the screen and while auto-cal runs, I have a towel covering the screen completely. Then while I tweak afterwards, the screen is still half covered, plus I'm sitting way off-angle from the screen, basically against a side wall. As far as the settings for "Custom 3" go, I calibrate the Sony to the closest I can get to good readings via...
***Help, please*** This is all relative to a 10-month-old Sony VPL-VW95ES. (I’m sorry in advance that this post is so long.) I purchased Chromapure + an i1 Display 3PRO (with the extra calibration) + auto-cal about two months ago with the addition of a DVDO Duo about three weeks ago and yes, I’m still non-stop calibrating. I’m obviously a novice calibrator and I’ve put in well over 200 hours trying to get all of the numbers within range. This includes working on...
As a native Chicagoan, I too grew up valuing and trusting Roger Ebert's reviews for almost all 46 years that he wrote them. There has never been nor will there likely ever be, a film reviewer who was so skilled and dedicated in his craft. He has conducted film classes where he actually reviews the film Citizen Kane, frame-by-frame. He has an isolated commentary track on the Blu-ray of the movie Dark City. The man truly "lived" the world of movies. As previously mentioned,...
I truly hope that this isn't a stupid question, but relative to posts 143 & 145 which state that the Darblet won't work in passing a 4K signal through it - does this then also mean that the Darblet won't be able to be used with the new Oppo blu-ray players to be released very soon, when those would be set to their 4K upscaled output capability?