or Connect

Posts by Ratamacue

Thanks shady. Although I'm suprised theses questions don't get much dialog, maybe it's a redundant question, I dunno. Loud is subjective and room dependant I suppose, but I do prefer it around -10 area +\-. It's hard making a purchase, in that auditioning a variety of spkrs is pretty limited, i mean when do you stop. That and always wondering if what you purchased was the right decision etc.. One thing I noticed with these SF 3.0 (with music) is they sound so good...
I posted my initial question in the KEF thread HERE: and wanted to post this in the general forum to get any additional thoughts. I don’t know if there is any hard and fast rule with regards to floorstander’s v.s. monitors based on room size? I assume (as always) it comes down to auditioning in specific spaces and making the determination at that point. I guess my hang up right now is that I have the SF 3.0 in my space and they sound great but wondering if switching to...
Thanks. I know the LS50's have received nothing but exceptional praise and getting three for the fronts is appealing for sure. I'll post in the general spkr area as well.
Well at a little over 1700 cu \ ft (not sealed), I'm not sure what is considered small and am wondering if monitors are something to consider. Music is what I'm most critical of. I have two PSA x15's so bass is covered. Really looking for considerations per my space as $3.5k isn't chump change. The thing that stands out with the 3.0 is they are much more meaty and smooth but I don't know if something of this size (or floorstander's) are better off in a larger space and...
Bumping this.I auditioned the Sonus 3.0 and really, really like them. Immediately drawn to them. Totally diff then KEF (IQ), especially the high freq (softer) as well as much more bass.I am curious about the size of the 3.0 and or other floorstander's with similar footprint in so far as my space (size) is concerned. Is there a general rule of thumb per se (based on cu ft.) or is it really personal preference and room (acoustic) dependent to go with floortander's or...
Thinking about changing things up a bit and looking for some thoughts. Currently have IQ90 mains, IQ60c with cambridge surrounds and two PSA XS15 subs. Real happy with this setup thus far but thinking about changing the mains out. I'm most critical of music and find if I get that sounding proper then HT is easy. I run a macmini (alac) via optical through a Marantz 6006. I'm interested in the the following: Q700 R700 LS50 (3x) and considering: Sonus Faber 2.5 or...
Thanks - I thought in my item "1", I referenced my other post here stating the headroom error dialog shown. That's what I was getting consistently (the REW low headroom error message) and since the MV was approaching single digits (-10 to -6) that seemed to be very high.Maybe its just a learning curve / getting used to the REW / or my AVR settings at the time was set incorrectly, because during another REW session, I was measuring 80dB with the MV at -13 (a few weeks ago)...
   I have been really struggling getting measurements on a couple fronts. 1. I had posted earlier about some REW "headroom issues" and the responses were to either turn up or down the MV but that hasn't seemed to addressed the issue and I'm not sure what to do. 2. Measurements - when performing measurements I get this horrid crackling or popping sound from the sweeps (see attached, you may have to turn up the volume), so I have to "man" the controls diligently in order...
sorry moved to REW
Agreed that with either one, I'm sure I would be happy with and I guess it comes down to just doing it and going from there - that's the only way to get experience under your belt.Although, I have to continue reading up some more on single v.s. dual. Which of course there are a zillion points of view on that alone. I mean it doubles the cost and much of the consensus is to get two even if it is a lesser one. But I digress.On the Rythmik's - I see they offer two drivers...