or Connect

Posts by mpchi

I remember the blue light (static, not moving or flashing) indicates which surround mode you are in. 1 blue means straight Stereo, 2 blue means the same surround mode of the SB16, 3 blue is the exclusive virtual surround mode for SB30. However, if you see blue/purple lights while trying to change volume (instead of white moving lights), then it is not normal and should go for an exchange.I like this soundbar. It can sound very good (for my standard), but lacks volume in...
I plugged in my wife's new VAIO S laptop to the TV with a HDMI cable with no issues. Don't even need to mess with any settings, other than changing the aspect ratio on the TV to get the full image instead of being cropped. I use the 4th HDMI(PC) slot on the TV, but I doubted that makes any difference though. Have you tried a different cable you have lying around, just in case? Or try a different HDMI slot?
Again, can't give you very specific info, but like pointed out in this review/calibration page:http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lg-lcd-tv/lg-lm7600-calibration-settings.htmlThe very bottom shows values of the white balance you can adjust in the expert setting. You can tweak colors in a lot of ways there on each color (red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, magenta) to see if you can get a better skin tone or greens to your liking. Much more intricate than the standard (warm,...
Yeah, don't get discouraged by the concerns with edge bleeding. Like the other poster said, its only visible when in a dark room with a no signal screen. And having Local Dimming on will help minimize that too, so unless your set has very bad bleeding that you can see all the time watching movies (dark scenes), then you should be good. I don't have my TV with me at the moment, so I can't share my calibration. But what I use is pretty much the average of the 2...
That Fry's deal is in fact really good, if it is for 55" (best deal I have seen). I paid $1649 shipped at TigerDirect.com for my 55" during late May, which was the best I could find back then. Close to what Fry's is offering after sales tax, but without the Bluray player, cables, & warranty (I don't really need them, but good as freebies). But make sure nothing fishy about it, it almost sound too good to be true, but it could happen since price do drop slowly, and its July...
On my experience, the dialogue is not hard to hear (very clear actually), but the relative volume on dialogue is lower than the surrounding sound effects or background music in comparison. Kind of like when you thought you have the dialogue in the right volume, any explosion come after is disproportionally louder. This happens when you have the virtual surround effect up to the fullness and has the widest sound stage setting. However, there is this Dolby Volume mode that I...
No problem. I like the functionality of ZVOX, but yeah, the box look is not the most attractive (which my wife ruled it out when we were choosing based on looks ) There should be a SB30 thread on AVS somewhere, which some folks had some comments and comparison. So you can read up those and see if they help, as well as looking up all the other mentioned models in the thread and research on them as well. From what I remember, seems like the mac daddy soundbar out there is...
I can't give you a comparison, as I only have experience with my HK SB30. But what I can tell you is that it is quite good. The bass is strong and dialoque is clear. However, I do find that in most blurays I played, the music tends to stand out more than the volume of the dialogue. Like when you thought the dialogue is kind of soft but audible, once it switch to another scene with emphasized background music with no dialogue, the music feels much louder (could be the bass...
I would suggest you give the 47LM7600 a try. Get it from somewhere local that has a good return policy, in case you get a bad unit with excessive light bleed, or you simply don't like its performance and return it. If 3D is a big deal for you, this TV is great. If you want awesome black level, this TV won't deliver. Can't comment too much on cable shows or sports (I don't watch those much). But for movies with some good calibration settings, this TV can deliver a very...
Had my 55LM7600 for a little bit more than a week now, so thought it would be nice to post my impression on it so other buyers can weigh the goods & bads before buying, just like how the previous posts had helped me to decide on it. The picture quality is overall quite good. Very vibrant colors out of the box with its standard settings. I didn't bother to change it much for regular TV channels and they look fine. But for movie watching, I went with these calibrations as...