or Connect

Posts by Big-Sexy907

Anyone know what the subwoofer preout voltage is on these?
Hey there everyone, I've been debating off and on for about the last year on a way to store my dvd / blue ray collection. I have approximately 600 titles, some of which are multi-disc sets. Currently I have thought about using a sleeve style holder, and then I ran across the Disc Sox product that allows you to use the case artwork so the discs are easier to identify. But buying over 600 individual disc sox is rather costly at about one dollar a sleeve. Are there...
Realistically the height shouldn't be any higher than our present console we have now. The width of the unit is where we're making up the space. The feet are just an idea, my wife was saying that it would look a little better in the room if it was off the floor a little. Acoustic cloth will be used to cover the faces of the subwoofers, I just have to get with my cabinet maker about finalizing the design. What I'm looking to achieve is something similar to this, just...
I've had a hard time trying to find a cabinet/subwoofer solution. I developed the following idea, thinking it would save some space, reduce clutter, and clean up the game room at our home. My question is, has anyone had any experience with building subwoofer cabinets into an entertainment center? Any drawbacks, concerns with vibration causing damage to the equipment, etc? I'm debating on having a friend build the design for me, since he has access to tooling etc. ...
Anyone know if you can connect speakers to all outputs and let the receiver determine which processing it will use. (Selecting from the front wide, and back surround speakers).
I loved my 708 when it was working, I'm glad Onkyo is honoring their repair program. I'm debating on upgrading to something with additional trigger outputs, and signal outputs for external amps. Suggestions? I was also wondering, if I hook up speakers to all the channels available on the receiver, will the receiver decide which speakers to use pending the media's audio encoding? I'm presently running 5.1, with two additional speakers to bring me to 7.1. I was figuring...
Looks like I have another update to do when my unit gets back from repair. That is, if I keep it. I'm trying to figure out a way to use the zone 2 trigger to power my two ep2500's, I wish they had a primary trigger as well as a second for zone 2.
I bought a Rev A, and realized I may need to go with the Balanced version for my EP2500. It sucks but may be cheaper to buy a ART Clean Box or something.
I just had a thought, I'll prolly need my electrician out to run another circuit to the room. I'm thinking I may be stressing the current setup if I'm running two EP2500's.