or Connect

Posts by hvc700mbuyer

thanks !
hi ive been trying to read up on soundproofing and I thought the idea was to leave a gap around the perimeter so the walls and ceiling are not coupled,,and then to simply caulk this edge. Now it seems like Ted said to interlock the two....Im really confused now.....
Stupid question...the diagrams I have seen don't really explain this.... So when adding drywall in between the joists under the floor above, How does one do it? Between the joists we see the plywood from the floor above, so is the first course of drywall ONLY glued with green glue? Is that really an adhesive that is strong enough, or are we securing the drywall with screws into the plywood as well? Then to the second course of drywall.... Only green glue, or longer...
Stupid question....I've had my kdl50r550 for 3 months and have yet to try the Internet wifi on it. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember Sony offering a free subscription(s) for some online services... How do I access those.... Or will it prompt me once I go online for a trial? Was there any paperwork I needed to send in.... Sorry my memory sucks these days!
Hi What software does everyone use for making DVDs for standard players? I tried makin my first DVD with W7 movie maker and the quality was terrible (footage in1080p or something). The video DVD was very grainy. I used Sony Vegas years ago, Vegas 6 I think so I am somewhat familiar with those shortcuts. What is a mid- level software that people like, even the panny included disk, which I haven't tried yet. Thanks
I appreciate the information. Half the walls are perimeter poured concrete, I just am not sure how to de-couple the walls to the joists above...soundclip? The interior wall separating the loud space from the storage, utilities, may be a double wall....not sure yet. Thanks
Hi Our local Code requires residential fire sprinklers in the home. Ive done much reading on soundproofing, and I havent found anything in relation to sprinkler systems. Ive been reading about soundproofing can lighting since I was thinking about using can lights. Then I remembered we have sprinklers in the basement. We will do pop down sprinklers once the basement is finished. My goal is just to do the best I can for soundproofing if I ever have my rock band over to...
hi I did finally drag my butt to bestbuy to look, and to me the 550a, 802a, and the vizio M551d-A2R And the e500-a1 looked all the same. semi reflective....a hazy reflection if you will. So now that puts vizio pretty much back in the mix :-(
I went to bestbuy and the screen reflections for. The Sony r550 and the w802a plus the Vizio e500ai. And Vizio m55d all looked similar .... Starting to wonder now if $600 more is worth the 802a especially since we still have one CRT wega left in the house.....
I'm in the same boat as far as gaming and a very bright room as the poster previously. I just bought the 550 and it is okay, however I'm thinking of going $500-600 more for the 802a. The gaming on the 550 was fine...but lacked with us coming from a 36" CRT. The lagginess is sill evident for halo but ok for minecraft. The 550 is good bang for the buck but even in game mode we weren't happy. Why settle since hopefully this tv will be around for years ? I haven't gotten...