or Connect

Posts by BruinAnteater

i definitely need a new player. The Sony doesnt do DVDA at all, and the Yammie S2500 will only play copy protected multi-ch DVDAs if it goes through analog out. it downsamples them when you go through optical or coax. So if i want the XT32 to work its magic on 5.1 DVDA playback, i need a new player I was thinking of buying the 95 just to test the two setups, returning it for the 93 if thedigi playback sounded better. But i dont think im gonna bother, and just grt the 93...
Hello all! I am looking for an audio solution. My main entertainment setup is currently just a Yamaha HTR-3064 (lowest end Yamaha AVR), a Sony BDP-S480 for Blu-Rays and 5.1 SACDs, and a Yamaha DVD-S2500 for DVDA/SACD/CD Stereo playback. For speakers, I have Wharfedale Evo2-20 as fronts and Evo2 Center as the center channel, and the stock HITB Yamaha speakers/sub that came wih the 3064. I have just ordered a set of Wharfedale Evo2-30s to be used as fronts, while the...
Thanks for the info guys. Its been my apartment experience that people generally do not complain about highs, and usually complain about the bass. Hopefully the pads/isolation that I would put under the sub helps diffuse a bit of the energy that is sent to my downstairs neighbor. Hopefully I am far enough away from my other two neighbors (on either side of my unit) that my loudness might not matter much. Thanks for the insight guys
Read the website that Big referred me to, and it has a ton of great info, but just about every solution they discuss involves some sort of real contruction work (removing dry wall, removing flooring, etc), none of which I can afford to do right now. Already have a nice set of cans, but I also have a nice set of speakers that Ive never properly been able to use at my current location (my apt and not condo). Seeing as how I just bought the condo, dont think Id be able to...
bump?
Hello All, So long as no monkey wrenches are thrown in during escrow, it looks like I will soon be the owner of a condo. Having lived in apartments for most of my adult life, I am fully aware of the issues playing music loudly can cause with neighbors. With this in mind, I need some advice on what I can do minimize disturbing my neighbors while maximizing volume in my own unit. My condo is on the second floor, with no one above me, wood floors and someone else living...
NVM guys, I called up Yamaha and they will send you a firmware upgrade disc if you still need it!
Hello, I just picked up a Yamaha DVD-S2500 for $60 total from Ebay. The original owner never did the firmware version 0.58 upgrade. I have search for the firmware all over the net and all over AVS forums. The few links to the firmware files here no longer work. Can anyone out there help me out with finding the firmware?