or Connect

Posts by Wouter73

Which disc can the 5% apl with 18% surround be found?
I've seen polls where the people who didnt like it where either equal to or only slightly more then those who did like it.
When I do gamma this effect gives me a headache. I learned to calibrate 100% white, then watch normal tv. Then do one reading of 100%, and then never again while calibrating 10 to 90% gamma. Everytime I used to take another 100% reading on my tv, luminance would have dropped and my gamma wouldnt track properly. Its using a mini on a 65vt50
with all due respect, that means you need to read up more before you start calibrating. The first pattern you read when you correct colors is the white pattern. If you use 75% luminance white, you see a grey pattern. This is your a normal part of color correction. Don't blame the program or the disc for what is not obvious to you but realize this is part of the learning process and accept it as such.
I would love to see a double blind test on this. Put an eebox and a lumagen in a chain with four tv's from crappy lowend to top display of the year, and have people look at the tv's calibrated with internal cms, ls lut, cp lut, cm lut and no calibration at all. I wonder if some of the visual errors people are sure are there are actually noticable. My money is on people will notice no difference between the luts.
Yes, but in getting colors right, it still trumps "visual validation". Visual validation is usefull for things dE doesnt do, like artifacts and the effect of ABL. Not judging greyscale accuracy or color accuracy.
Maybe the OP should consider investing in an external videoprocessor like a lumagen
Can you specify outperformed? According to what?
Yes, but now you are talking about a limitation concerning certain uses of dE. You said dE is limited. How is dE limited was my question.
Mike I am trying to understand what you are getting at. Which is kinda hard for me since I have an extremely limited knowledge on the subject. What I understand from what Spacedriver says, is that if you measure blue, and you know that between 10 and 20 (ficticious numbers) you cannot differenciate that color. It doesnt matter if you look at 10 blue, 20 blue, or 15 blue, or 12 blue, or 18 blue, it is always the same blue to the eye. What I think you are saying is that if...