or Connect

Posts by nh81

@garibay_2004: Compared to HW300 the black level is substantially improved. But is it 10.000:1? Mmmm... I don't think so. NB: The difference is best seen in a dark environment. You'll need a distance of 2,8 meters (9' 4") to project 90" diagonal. http://www.projectorcentral.com/LG-HW300T-projection-calculator-pro.htm
@obscuro: You're welcome!Nope.I am not sure if they do. I haven't noticed anything.The lowest brightness level of the LG PB60G is about 10-20% dimmer than the max brightness of the HW300 series depending on picture setting.Based on input: Yes. Aspect ratio: Don't know. I'm really busy but if I find the time I'll update you on this.It's impossible for me to project an image 100% perpendicular to my wall, but I use the bubble level on the tripod and if all four angles of the...
@fatalfury: Your welcome. I don't have the time to do recordings of fan noise or image quality. The best help I can provide you is my comparison with the other LED projectors, but of course this is of little value if you don't have any hands-on experience with the other projectors. A throw distance of three meters will give a 90" diagonal image in 16:9 and 94" in 16:10 (native). Try this out: www.projectorcentral.com/LG-HW300T-projection-calculator-pro.htm (the throw...
@kenshin2b: Highest setting is maybe 10%-15% louder than HW300G/Y. Lowest sounds the same and I can't remember HW300's medium setting.
@fatalfury Thank you for the tips! Yesterday I received my PB60G and I've spent a couple of hours testing it. Apparently beamer-discount shipped it three days ago but they forgot to tell me At least the price was all right (€559 shipping incl. to Denmark). Here's my impression so far (I am using a 76"/194 cm wide wall in my living room, so I won't go in to details about image quality): Brightness is improved (around 60% on highest setting) but the fans are way too loud...
A little update on my PB60G purchase: I ordered through beamer-discount.de on 24th of June and paid the same day. They have confirmed my payment and their site states that they have 6, 5 and today 8 projectors in stock. I haven't heard from them since last week. I was told it would be delivered last week and now I've been mailing them since Friday but they've stopped answering. I'm so disappointed... based on reviews I was confident that they would be a pro business.
Here's a short demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQa3Ma077UM Please share if you have any hands on info! I will receive mine in next week and if I find the time I will post a small review. I am looking very much forward to testing it since I've been through my fair share of projectors (M110, GP2, HW300G, HW300Y, BenQ W1060, Hitachi CP-RX94, Epson EH-TW3200) searching for the right one. If it matches the HW300 projectors and has an even focus (+ 500 lumens, better...
I hope this isn't too much off topic but here is a short demo of PB60G: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQa3Ma077UM
@Cococarbine: I tested a Dell M110 and it had a series of issues (focus, rainbow); the biggest being a weird color issue where the color white is shown as magenta when the previous frame (picture) is black. So if you go from a 100% black frame to a fade in of white text (ie. a white title on black) the white text will momentarily be rendered as magenta (for half a second or so). I can not recommend M110.