or Connect

Posts by BeeMan458

I won't be able to add anything until the closing ceremonies for the 2014 Olympics as they're pretty much our viewing focus.
You'd have to give SVS a call on this point, an alternative is to use a "Y" connector in reverse which gives an additional 3dB boost in signal strength. The reason for needing to give SVS a call, is to see if connecting both the LFE RCA and the one next to it, is going affect the LFE channel in the subwoofer. It's a solution that's been used with other subwoofer systems but again, I'm not sure if it impacts the LFE channel any.-
We currently have a similar issue with our Denon AVR. The cure for us as to turn the AVR on, turn the MVC up, the subs would immediately wake up and then turn the MVC back down again.For us, problem solved.The problem I figure, when listening to cable broadcast or low volume levels of music, there's not a strong enough bass signal to wake the subs up. Simply turning the volume up, increases the bass signal and the subs immediately respond to the stronger signal.See it as...
Sorry. Please forgive me, but I can't think of a one, I'd like to suggest.
That's why the need for a personal house curve above flat. Turning up the volume (gain) on the subwoofer reduces the headroom. Correcting the output at the level of the AVR subwoofer level menu, preserves headroom so you minimize the chance of bottoming or compressing; distortion.Good luck and hope our interchange was found helpful.Thomas-
Budget?In my opinion, price performance, compared to ID, there are no decent big box retail subwoofers. Sorry to read that big box are you're only choices.That's so sad....
Matching both subs, sound meter one meter from the sub, is gain matching your subwoofers. Matching separate output using a sound meter at the MLP is level matching the subwoofers.In the AVR subwoofer menu, I set the levels control to the subwoofers at +/-0 dB and in the case of Rythmik subwoofer amplifiers, use the "volume" control to match the output of each sub woofer at +70dB to +73dB. When both subs are playing pink noise, the total equals ~+75dB to +78dB. Then I...
I had to edit my comments also. As to your sub and how you have the volume set, it's going depend on the cubic footage of the room and how far the MLP is from each of the subwoofers. The higher the volume is set, the less headroom the subwoofer has. Are you using a handheld sound meter to set the volume of the subwoofer at the MLP?We have a 3300^3 room with openings to large adjacent spaces. The first subwoofer is place nearfield and is three feet from the MLP and the...
What ever you choose, be prepared to place the sub directly to your side or directly behind your main seating position to get the most out of what ever sub you choose to buy. Another suggestion would be to check out the budget minded thread. There's a boatload of excellent information, tests and recommendations to be found there. Another thread that you'll find budget minded insight, "best home theater subwoofer on market for under $500." Hope the above helps move you...
You're doing great. I don't speak/write any other language than the primary language used locally where I live. As to your situation, the best place to find good information is the "DIY" forum. That's what those guys do. Welcome to AVS and the Subwoofer forum. ... -