or Connect

Posts by Isantus

I am running a 50 foot HDMI cable from the x4000 to my JVC 4810 and have not had a single problem. The picture is clean and I have never had a handshake issue. It is a high quality high gauge (not sure what gauge though) cable. I am told you need a thick cable for long runs. It is difficult to bend around some corners because of its thickness.
I am sure the file has HD audio as I can see it being sent to the receiver. The receive attempts to play it but the frame rate drops. I am guessing it has to do with the cable or a handshake issue. I will build my new system none the less and hope that I do not get the same results.
Anyone with any thoughts? Just a newbie trying to learn....
I'm following a similar path. I just started to take the leap into HTPC. Now that is a deep hole. Gotta love this hobby unless you are the wife. Then you never appreciate her as much as you appreciate the tech.
Assassin,Thank you for your response. I understand you have quite a bit of knowledge and I appreciate your willingness to help me out. You have to understand I am new at this and very naive but know my way around computers and tech. I have built about 10 computers over the years, but this is my first dive into HTPC.I am looking to take all my blu ray collection and move them to a media server or HTPC. I am planning on building a 20 or so TB HTPC that is capable of playing...
After two days of additional use and about 5 hours of time, I have not been able to replicate the problem. The only variable I see different is the storm is no longer rolling through. I cannot explain it but I do know that I will be looking for future issues in the event something is wrong with my projector. I did think a bit about the HDMI cable being the problem. I disconnected it and reconnected it at all contact points so that may have been part of the issue. It could...
This may be a silly question but I have spent a lot of time looking and can't find the answer. My current PC will not send DTS-HD or Dolby True HD audio via HDMI from a EVGA GTX 570 card. Not sure why. It was only meant to be a test anyway as I want to build a media server/HTPC. My question, and sorry if it has been answered before but I can't find the answer: Do I need to purchase a specific motherboard or graphics card to get HD audio sent to my AVR for decoding by the...
No that's not the case at all. I will move the front row if it changes it and improves it but something tells me I am just moving it to a different null zone, correct?
So the only way to get rid of this would be two have two subs different distances from the MLP, correct? In other words I would have to put one on the back wall (assuming the distance from back to MLP and front to MLP are different), or place them on the side walls?
Ok. That makes sense and also what I was thinking. I am going to look at trying to move them to the side walls which would get them closer, but not sure if close enough. I am sure this is something many people have to deal with. I will continue my research.