or Connect

Posts by InfinityBob

Is there something wrong with this TV? Should I have posted it elsewhere? I am only asking for your opinion, nothing more.
I have the Oppo 105D now. I have inly ran it in audio si farm, since I am giving my entertainment room carpeted I hope they come out tomorrow or the next day; this house is all too crowded now! I suppose I will have to get a new TV, I have the Panasonic plasma 50” and am thinking about buying a Samaung 60“ 240 HZ without all the smart features doe about a thousand bucks I paid aound $1300 from Amazon, but it was shopped directly from Oppo direct Mine is silver, which I...
Hello, I saw a 60” Class (60.0” Diag.) LED 6003 Series at Wal-Mart for about a thousand dollars, and figuring it has the higher 240HZ, I am thinking to purchase it. This has not the fancy smart features I read on the Samsung thread; I do not need any special applications because I will never use any internet service. I mainly purchase DVDs and Blu-Ray, as many as I think might interest me. I have am Oppo 105D and thought this TV might show more if the Darbee effects than...
I would say the Oppo 105D is very good. You can run three ARC stereo preamplifiers, if you are content with the Oppo’s DACs? You have the subwoofer connected to the Oppo, then you have very high-end theatre, with whatever big power amplifiers you desire. Then you have 6.1, are there many Blu-Ray 7.1 disks out there? The high priced processors are not worth it to me, and most of them are behind the curve. Some, I see sold cheap now, but no audio HDMI. Would I get the high...
Not true. Fully balanced differential amplifiers are a better design the unbalanced designs. The problem is many pieces of gear are not internally balanced, then all you have is ground separation, and that will be valuable dor longer cables, yet no significant audio advantage.If one has all internally balanced equipment, then the XLR output and input connections will greatly improve, so much that a quality, a pair of well made, but mid-priced XLR cables will sound better...
Some have the green with a yellow circle around it, others do not but will work. My problem is I have one high dollar older DVD/CD player with only component and all through my receiver have menus that work on composite. One TV, I no longer do this, but I used a Y cable to the green and it worked fine. It seems intuitive not to run both at the same time.
Thanks Dave, I know the 105 is available on Amazon. I might be able to use the balanced output to my Classe processor. I don’t know if the Classe is able to carry the fully balanced analogue signal, along with the multiple inputs; I would have to read the manual again. If it did so, I could output to the other internally balanced stereo amp. Then I could sell my BK REF 7250. If this only worked on a separate stereo path, I could still use the 6 RCA inputs into the...
This one is not bad. Velodyne VA-1215x mkIIOn the gon, way below your limit price
I am considering buying Martin Logan ElectroMotion ESL because they are not expensive and my Cary SS amplifier will power them adequately. I have two attractive ho-hum subwoofers, for powering direct from my Audio Research line source preamplifier. My Low frequency channel uses a single Velodyne mid-lever sub. Just wonder if these will be fairly good, they have good reviews? I am getting out of high-end stereo only; at my age it seems a good time to reduce gear, as I am...
I have an Oppo 93 and am happy with it; it is my ‘best source’ movie player. For music, I listen to my Esoteric DV 50s. My system is now integrated, both audio and video, yet they still function like two systems. I will concentrate here, on just the Oppo. I use the built in DACs, output to analogue, to my older, but still very good sounding Class processor. It only has the 5.1 imputes, yet that is not much a problem for me. My main concern is whether I would have better...