or Connect

Posts by emr25

Just realized I have been enjoying my 228HTs and Cap S2 for about two months now and never posted any pictures or impressions of the final setup. I won't attempt to sound like an audio expert, but needless to say I am very happy with the route I took and there have been plenty of great demos filled with grins when I have friends over, especially on the AoF intro (at +5 or so usually). Next step will probably be (2) Volt V-8s with the slanted enclosure for surrounds,...
I might have missed it in one of the pictures, but how did you do the binding posts and keep the clean flush-mount look? I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a pair of these for surrounds, just need to iron out the details to make sure everything will work like I want it to.
All good points, I think the I like the sealed V10 better with the slanted enclosures. Considering I can have a finished product (including a trial order of Duratex) for ~$400 for a pair, I see these in the very near future for me. Watching movies with a 3.1 setup of 228HTs and Cap S2 is awesome, but the surround effect will take it to the next level.After that, I will probably delve into the world of measurements, treatments, and tweaking...
Is there a consensus on the preference between the Volt V8 and V10 for surround sound duty? I really like the looks and price of the new slanted flat packs paired with the Volt speaker kits. They would be the surround channels in a 5.1 setup along with JTR 228HT LCRs and a JTR Cap S2. LCRs driven by a Sherbourn PA 7-350 and the two Volt surrounds would be powered by the Denon X4000. If you were choosing between the V8 (ported) and V10 (sealed) for surround speakers,...
12 dB attenuators arrived, so I added them in and ran an 8-point Audyssey calibration a few nights ago. LCR trims were set at -3 (which means without the attenuators they wanted to be around -15, so they were 3 dB hot when the AVR maxed the trim at -12) and the Cap S2 was set at -4. I bumped the subwoofer trim up 5 dB hot to +1.I need to get some measuring equipment so I can see what is going on, but overall the attenuators did reduce the buzz from the Sherbourn amp and...
A lot may be a poorly chosen phrase, slightly less performance for the Volt V-8 compared to a Slanted 8HT is based on the quality of the components, etc. Again, it may be that the V-8 is 95% or 99% of the Slanted 8HT but I guess I was just assuming the difference in components, enclosure, crossover, etc. would equate to a difference in performance by default.Not saying it is an accurate statement, just more of an observation.
I may do that, if I can get a Volt V-8 kit with the slanted style enclosure I would probably go ahead and order a pair to try out as surrounds. ~$350 for a pair would be nice compared to Slanted 8HTs at ~$2,000. Obviously the performance would be a lot less, but these will be about 3-4' above the MLP and only about 5' away measured horizontally from MLP to wall.
Any word on whether or not Erich will be offering a complete flat-pack kit for the Beyma slanted style surrounds? If not the Beymas, another combination of slanted style enclosure and higher quality components than the V-8s? I am interested in going DIY (or at least AIY) for a pair of surrounds to go with my LCR 228HTs and Cap S2. 5.1 will be more than enough in my 10' x 11' x 8' room, so finishing out the surrounds on my own would be a big cost savings over going with...
So I ended up picking up the Captivator S2 and L/R stands pallet from the local FedEx Freight facility two Friday's ago (2/14). I called Friday morning and the driver was already out for delivery for the day, so the next possible date would have been Monday. I will update later (possibly tonight) with pictures of the stands and S2 incorporated. I will also be trying to complete a new Audyssey XT32 calibration tonight. My 20-amp circuits are still not completed, so for...
I believe his Facebook post states that "RT" stands for "Reference Tower".