or Connect

Posts by cypher1024

Be careful about buying a TV based on aesthetics. A lot of the thinner TVs have serious uniformity issues.
I don't think local dimming is really necessary. This model produces very good blacks (especially after calibration).Anyone who already has this TV, please don't read my next paragraph. I'm about to talk about something that once you see, you cannot "unsee". Read on at your own risk... [[SPOILER]] If you're just using it in a dark bedroom, perhaps a plasma would be a better choice?
It depends a lot on your room, preferences, and lighting conditions. Any of the calibrations posted here will probably get you into the ballpatk. If you want a better calibration, check out the free calibration tools posted earlier in the thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1395734/official-samsung-unxxeh6000-owners-thread/420#post_22233258 And if you want it to be ideal, you're probably going to have to pay a professional for a calibration.
That sucks. Sorry I got your hopes up.
It definitely has this mode. I can't remember exactly where it is, but on my 60EH6000 I have the option of red only, green only or blue only.
I've done my best to replicate it, but it hasn't happened again (yet).I think motion plus was on, but I don't know what it was set to.
Thanks for the reply!I've doubled-checked and both eco mode and the auto power off are disabled.This was at least an hour after the TV had been turned off.I'm really hoping it was just some bizarre one-off thing.
Hey guys, I had something weird happen with the EH6000 I bought today. I set it up, watched for a while then powered it off for a few hours. When I came back to use it again, the screen was glowing faintly, almost like one of the backlight LEDs was on. I checked the standby light and it was red, so the set was definitely off. I powered it on then back off and it seems to be fully off now. Has anyone else experienced this?