or Connect

Posts by sawing14s

A question: has anyone here had to have their unit repaired by MICKINCT more than once? My main Panasonic DMR-E80H unit seems to be on the fritz again, unfortunately. It was working fine up until today. I was tackling all kinds of tasks, using the Panasonic RAM discs that I bought in 2006, and figured out that I could get them working again if I just let them sit through a few reads like he suggested. This became a little frustrating for me recently, since I was...
So, jjeff, to clarify: the international Panasonics will receive NTSC or PAL signals in L1, L2 or L3? I'm thinking of getting one myself.
(Apologies if this thread is in the wrong category; mods, feel free to move it) I have only one Panasonic DVD-RAM disc (purchased as a single unit) that works on my Panasonic DMR-E80H. I bought a 10-pack of Panasonic RAM discs back in '06, which still read on my computer, but not on the DMR-E80H (though they used to). Besides Panasonic (which seems to dominate the DVD-RAM market these days), the other brands of DVD-RAM I've seen for sale online are Maxell, imation...
Mike (MICKINCT) helped me out last month with one of my Panasonic DMR-E80H units when it stopped reading blank discs. Since then, I have become more optimistic about using DVD-RAM discs on the unit, and also about not wasting blank discs. I've been able to get a lot more tasks done because of him. IMO, Mike is proof that there are good people in the world.
I own a CRT TV. Currently, I can only DVD-record in 4:3. Any HDTV broadcasts I receive have the black bars on top and bottom (when connected via RCA cable). What I'd like to be able to do is record HDTV broadcasts without the black bars on top/bottom (i.e. stretched out vertically) to a rewritable disc, then import the MPEG-2 video content into the computer, switch the aspect ratio to 16:9 and author the content as a DVD. I'm wondering if a product like this would help...