or Connect

Posts by MakeItLouder

I have one and everyone here is spot on with their input. I went from a 12" 400 watt to the powered cap 2400 and It IS AMAZING! I'm sure everyone else that owns any of Jeff's products can sit down, crank up the volume and still have that giddy ten-year old laugh! Even after months or years of ownership. You'll be pleased with your purchase!
Hello all! I hope everyone had a good Christmas! I have to tell you guys about a terrific test for the captivator that I just discovered. On Amazon's mp3 site there is an old school album from 1992 if I remember right by Bass Mechanik: Quad Maximus for those of you who weren't into that kind of music at the time. This album has a sine sweep from 20khz-20hz and various other frequencies that you can pay to download. They go from 10hz up to 100hz in 4-5hz increments...
I just got my ported Captivator, 2400 watt, a few weeks ago and I'm running it off of a VSX-53. I too run the sub volume at the nine o'clock position sometimes. Usually anywhere from 2-4 clicks from full volume. These things can take some punishment, I don't think you'll damage it. Others will chime in after a while I'm sure. I have mine currently three clicks away from zero and I leave it there only to control the decibel gain from movie to movie with the channel...
My Cap came in Wednesday, and I had some setting issues using mcacc. It's not Audyssey, I know, but after a couple of days playing with it this thing sounds freakin' insane!!!! When I first hooked it up and started to play some tester blu-ray's I was in panic. My old 12" 400 watt sub sounded better. I did a calibration run with mcacc, changed some speaker settings and played around with the minimal frequency choices that I have and she came alive! The scene in The...
"Sh!t . . .I hate it when I get my Schwartz twisted" Spaceballs.
Anti-mode my fault.
Sounds good! Your in the same spot I'm in huh? Hurrying up to wait! Which EQ did you purchase?
I'm still waiting on my powered Captivator to be shipped out from Jeff, if it's even done yet, that I ordered a month ago. I have a question for you guys about EQing. My AVR, a Pioneer, has the MCACC and not the XT-32 Audyssey program. I've been reading numerous post's that some of the other people are using a separate EQ just for their sub. Whether they have s SubM, Cap, or any other high end sub. Should I look into getting one of these units for my Captivator? If...
That's what I'll end up sticking with, I just wasn't sure if there was anything else to do on top of that. I've seen plenty of videos with people using SPL meters and I was just curious about it. The Pioneer does a really good job calibrating my 7.1 system all together. The middle of the room is where the mic did it's calibration and the settings it generated have a perfect balance from the front to the rears. I do like the additional option to have multiple...
Ok thanks mojo! I appreciate it!