or Connect

Posts by NealAtTheWheel

Thanks! And yes, I'm so pumped Murray is coming back!
Well, I know most people usually post pics as they build on here, but I wanted to wait until everything was just about done. We still need to tile the bathroom and finish the shower as well, but for the most part, the basement is done! It's been a hectic build to say the least... Current setup in the theater is as follows: 92 inch cinewhite Elite Screen Epson Home Cinema 8350 Yamaha rx-v373 Pioneer Sp-FS52's for the front Pioneer SP-C22 Center Pioneer SP-BS22's for the...
Code:I was literally going down to my basement to unplug everything and return the receiver... And I remembered this post. I looked up how to do a master reset on the Receiver, performed it, and BAM!!! Everything works again!!! No idea what changed etc... But I am so thankful to you and all of you that helped me out!Seriously, this forum rocks. Thank you all!
I could try bringing a TV down there... let's say the TV worked for whatever reason, and it is a handshake issue between the receiver and the projector... what would be the fix for that?Again, I want to stress, that everything was working great until yesterday and it randomly no longer works.
Yes, that is correct. The BDP is also not working now. At least it was not working when the DirecTV was also connected and ON. I've read that even though it is in a different HDMI input, it can still affect the BDP or any other things plugged in to the AV Receiver via HDMI. So I guess I'll try the BDP with the DirecTV off and see what happens. If it still doesn't work, I guess it's my receiver, and my options are: 1.See if Best Buy will take it back (even though it's...
Thanks for the tips! I appreciate it. So you would suggest using component cables and optical/spdif into the receiver vs. going HDMI from the bluray and cable box directly to the projector, and using separate optical cables into the receiver for sound? Would the video quality be the same via HD component as opposed to going direct HDMI?I'm also going to try to set the resolution on the DirecTV box to ONLY 1080i, and unchecking all of the options, and setting Native to...
I've read a countless number of posts on here and other forums about this... I guess I could try using an HDMI switch between the DVR and the AV Receiver and see if that works. I'm having people over this weekend, so I need a quick fix, so I might just buy the switch, and use it going directly into the projector, and then use optical cables from the blu ray player and DVR to the AV Receiver... I might just take it back to Best Buy and get a different receiver...
Anyone have any idea on this?
Well, this sucks. I got my home theater allllll hooked up and ready to go, and tonight I get the recliners setup and wanted to surprise my wife with the first movie in the theater... It's a NO-GO. I turn everything on to the correct input etc. and I have audio, but no picture. The projector simply says "HDMI 1 No source" I trouble-shot it myself, and here are my findings: First, yes the projector and all the components worked great yesterday and the day before, and...
Ok we'll do. I'll set them all to small.