or Connect

Posts by MikeyD360

Niiice, looks good, good range of colours. Do you know what a roll is worth? Otherwise I may have to register
I put my order in for the Seymour AV fixed/curved 2.37 screen today. 140" wide with the XD material and masking panels for 1.85 material. Pretty pumped about that. 2weeks build + shipping so hopefully 3.5 weeks. Builders go back to work Monday (I hope) it's been agonizing just watching nothing happen for 2 weeks. Found a site that sells acoustisorb3 at a good price so will be stocking up on that for the front wall and making the absorber panels. Any recommendation in...
If the 60" LED 940X I have is any testament then no. Obscene cloudiness in the backlight (normal according to sharp) and unwatchable 3D... I hope they go out of business as the sheer size of the screens is all they have going for them.
That's the catch isn't it?Unfortunately on a smaller display (less than 70 inches) you aren't really going to notice a huge difference between HD and "UltraHD" and the sad part is that many laymen will find themselves wowed not by the resolution but simply by the size of the display given that, in Australia at least, displays larger than 60" are a reasonably new phenomena and still rather niche and seeing 70/80"+ screens in stores is quite a novelty.I'm happy with my...
I was in a local retailer today and they had an 84" LG "Ultra HD" TV on display (not for sale). this one: http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-84LM960V They had the usual high contrast, overly bright, colour saturated demo reel which seems to be a highlight video for some european tourism company. It looked good, especially for the size of the display, but I wouldn't say I was wow'd by it. It seems to me to be an evolution of the format, and definitely nowhere near the same "wow"...
OK - some basic pics (excuse the iphone camera). also, havent bothered attaching the A-Lens so these are just standard 2.4 on a 1.78 frame shots - black bars top and bottom. Comparing a close up shot, then progressively further out, even at very close up there is no evident pixel structure. in fact, that first image appears to show some structure... thats actually the fabric of the roller blinds... And for good measure, some darkness: I cannot wait to get this...
Well. My Xmas present came early. My JVC X-95 arrived at the HiFi shop today.. I had a half day of work so went and picked it up. The plan was to store it until January when the new house is finished, but that plan only lasted until about 5 minutes after I got home. My 60inch LED is now sitting on the dining room floor, I have pulled the curtains down in the lounge room, and our beige roller blinds are now a makeshift screen... :D:D All I can say is WOW WOW WOW WOW...
Hmmm. Interesting that this seems to have solved the problem... Who would have thought having speakers that Audessy recognize as 'large' and 'full-band' would be a bad thing... Haha. I didn't even consider that this may be an Audessy issue, it's not something that the 5 million page user manual for the 7005 really discusses. Changing those settings and adjusting the AV7005 channel levels in net/USB setting to adjust the sub level has opened up a new dimension in...
You are quite right. Oops! I just learned
Also you had it a bit backwards re resistance. Lower ohm = higher resistance. Hence why the output of an amp will be higher at a higher resistance. Think of it like forcing water through a small hose - more water volume = more pressure needed.