or Connect

Posts by Garnoch

Hey there, TBN. I'm still around believe it or not, and I try to keep up with this thread as much as I can. I promise I'm not in AA haha. Just a lot of things going on at work and in life, and I'm not able to dedicate the time here right now like I used to. You're all doing a great job keeping this place a fun and helpful. Remember to link people to The Guide if you don't want to keep repeating the same answers to the same questions. For the record, right now I'm...
Eh, I'm pretty easy going so although I understand someone possibly being upset to pay for something that they skipped on our TVs, I look at it this way - I knew what I was buying and for the money I'm very happy with it as is. So I wouldn't be upset. Unfortunately, I don't expect features like that anyway, though I would pay $299 for them. I don't care about voice or motion so If we're still just talking about a better hub, that price is steep and I'd probably just...
I know there was some news yesterday on the Evo Kit, but today there seems to more specific info, especially for the US.... Coming in May for $299 http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/20/4127552/samsung-smart-evolution-kit-hdtv-upgrade-ships-may-399 http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-samsung-tvs-kate-upton-eli-manning-20130320,0,6508427.story
Yeah that's the part that drives me nuts and plays havoc with a Harmony remote's Activities. Now if you always start on one source, you're fine. Plus the double volume OSD bother me too, but when I had it on, it didn't bother anyone else in the family. I corrected my post by the way, I meant to say I have the 616.
Good memory. I have the 616. My only complaint was some issues I was having with the second HDMI out creating bad handshakes and not "locking" correctly. I just stopped using it since I got a killer deal on a refurb. Because of that though, had I been paying pull price, I probably would have just gone with the 515. You're right about "bang for your buck" - I love it and am very happy with the purchase. Better sound than my old Onkyo and lots of HDMI inputs. I don't...
Hi, welcome and congrats!- Is there always some degree of clouding with most LED screens and you just have to live with it?To some degree, I would say yes. Yours doesn't seem too bad to me and time has diminish it some for a lot of people.- Can someone recommend settings and/or calibration that I can use to test the clouding in a best case vs. worst case scenario?All I can say is try many people's settings to see what you like most. Standard will give you less noticeable...
I sounds like you're using Standard mode because of the CE Dimming. Look at my settings in the spreadsheet or from the link in my signature that counteracts CE Dimming, if that's the route you'd like to go. I can easily just tell you the way I'm implementing it though. Raise your Brightness by 7 to 53 and counteract that by lowering all three of your White Balance Offsets by 7. You're picture will look the same but CE Dimming will hardly kick in because it uses...
Exactly, man. Well said. If people without equipment like you "color" so to speak, I suggest they use it, get the free AVS files or WOW disc, to tweak a couple things for their panel, then play around with other settings to see what they like, knowing it's messing some of the "calibration" up.
Yeah I know it crushes black slightly but I personally really think Black Tone is key to enjoying the set more and if you have the WOW disc or AVS files or any of that stuff, you can get it to almost be a non issue with it turned one - to the eye. Several people in this thread have commented on blacks looking "green", especially off angle. Well, not with Black Tone on low. It's easy to test it. Turn off all the lights, sit off angle to make it obvious, turn on a pure...
Sure thing. I documented it live as I was doing it just for this reason here.....http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399319/official-samsung-unxxes8000-owners-thread/5310#post_22481244