or Connect

Posts by Garnoch

Great info, man, and good to see you around. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the guy that brought the wonderful CE Dimming workaround to AVS. I noticed you're not using the trick in your settings though. I realize it's a different model and may not translate at all, but I think I'll test your settings out to see how they look and add up with the WOW BD, AVS files and THX app. For the life of me, I can't understand why I had to change Movie mode after this update to Warm...
The default is Standard with a Sharpness of 50, but if you change it to Movie, the Sharpness default is 20. You probably saw that and it stuck with you.Eh, I wouldn't say people should start with mine really. If you're not going to hire someone, you really need to just find what works for your eyes and are happy with. That's why I tried so many first and suggest doing the same. Mine works for me and I can tell it's close to being right because I'm around monitors like...
Disregard some of what I say though until I finish....
Ha wow, you were quick. It would have been fine I guess in general if Sharpness wasn't 50 and DC on High. I am finding some slight differences though, like my Color setting is back to a normal looking setting yet looks the same as when I had it higher before the reset. Very interesting. I'll report back later or tomorrow with the slight changes. Well I'll say right now, the only adjustments to Standard I had to make was Color to 48 instead of 51 and I could get...
After the reset, the default settings look SOOOOO much better!!!!!!!!!!! Edit: I'm joking. I forgot how bad these TVs looked with default setting. It defaults to Standard with a Sharpness of 20 and Dynamic Contrast on High, not to mention everything else that's wrong with it. Now I remember why I thought my TV was broken when I first plugged it in. All the poor people using the default settings and not knowing better bothers me. Why don't TV makers default to as...
First, welcome and sorry to hear you wound up with a lemon. All manufacturers have their lemons though - unfortunately. Some people like Plasma so I can't fault them for that. Everyone wants what they want, but if the question is would I personally give up my ES for a VT in order to save $415 - no I wouldn't, but that's just me. If you find you're going to be mostly watching in dim lighting and like the picture and will be okay with plasma's set of issues (LCD has...
I don't know anything about those speakers but Kef makes some good speakers and for an extra room, I think they'll probably be great. That seems like a really good price so hard to go wrong. Oh and wish me luck. I'm resetting my ES for fun in about 93 seconds.
Good, man. Glad they helped you - whether its your panel or eyes it help, it really doesn't matter haha. Love those speakers. You have to compare notes with RicoFB. I moved up from a 55" too. Unfortunately you can't go smaller, so I'm afraid of what my next TV might be.
Ha, yes, I'll change that now. You won't see much of a difference if you turn it off either to be honest. It does help with getting the calibration files to look right on my set though. Any difference with new settings? Turboman has some nice ones floating around too, but they were for the last firmware.BLADE! DON'T DO IT!!! haha
Yeah wow. Forget the TV, we know what they look like already, I want to hear the speakers.