or Connect

Posts by tank01

I'm very curious to know, why i would be getting so much more detail and sharpness comming from a painted solid surface vs a screen fabric.I put up my older Da lite hccv screen, against my newly painted screen and the difference in sharpness is big. Even my 13 year old daughter who doesn't know much about home theater asked my why my Dalite was blurry.It's as if i'm seeing the fabric, but i dont feel that i am. It just dull in comparison. Is a brand new sheet rock surface...
I agree:) you should be very happy with this Behr paint that mm suggested.
I did a fourth quote today with my 1/4 nap roller 6mm, and wow, what a difference a roller can make. The lines are all gone and the picture is beautiful. The 9" roller loads enough paint at a time to be able to do a full row in a N motion, while backing up one row and advancing to the next one. This roller was what was recommended in projector central article. I should have used it from the start it would have been done beautifully in 2 coats.
Sorry I reposted twice.
I would start with a one gallon of kills pro x p10 primer from Home Depot. You need to prime that surface anyway, so get yourself one gallon of primer it will cost you 13.00 and you will hardly use anything so your gallon will still be practically full when your done.I was impressed aT how good the picture looked at this stage. If its all you want then stop there. If you want more and are ready to spend another 50.00 the picture will be much improved from that extra...
I did a third coat today, and i'm still having the same problem, the black vertical lines are almost all gone, except there still are a couple. After looking carefully i can still see some spots that looks like i missed. I'm pretty sure that it's the 6" foam roller fault, that i wasn't able to do a good job on this screen. I bought a 9" 1/4 nap roller, and i will be painting it again tomorrow. On the paint can, it says not to use anything smaller than a 1/4 nap roller,...
Your right it's not hot spotting because from an angle i can clearly see that i missed those spots completely there ruff and there still on the primmer. It's completely my fault and i wouldn't want anybody to think that this paint hot spots after my painting mistakes. I watched lord of the rings on it yesterday and i was amazed at the detail and the colours. The make up on those villains made me realize how much of an upgrade this screen is compared to my grey Da lite. I...
I examined the screen very closely this morning by looking at it from an angle with my face right up at the screen, and yes i was sure that i had done a profestional job. Unfortunely i did a **** job and left all kinds of ruff spots without paint. I used a painters light while painting, and this thing probably blinded me more than anything. Lol I'll start this thing over again with a 12" nap 1/4 roller. And i'll use different kind of lighting to better guide me. White...
Makes perfect sence because i did feel that i was streching out the paint always thinking that i was going to run out. After painting my test panel of 2' by 4' and doing 1 full coat i had about 30 percent left of the 1 quart. On my secound coat i did feel that i was trying to strech the paint. I also painted it with a 6" foam roller i think i probably should of used a wider roller. I should have also filtered out the paint before dropping it in the pan because i had some...
Hi just finished painting my screen with shirwin williams proclasic extra white. I'm seeing some thing strange with the full screen painted that i was not seeing with the test panel. I don't know if the right word is hot spotting , but what i'm seeing on brighter sceens is some verticle clouds 2 to 3 inches wide by 10 to 15' tall. When i move to different seating positions the bars also move to new places. Whats weird is that if i stand up on my tip toes they disappear...