or Connect

Posts by TeddyP

Evergreen today has released the DN-82623, a Headphone Amp that supports four different inputs including RCA, Digital In, and USB DAC. The DB-82623 comes with a Dual FET-Input, Low Distortion Operational Amplifier TI OPA2604. Right now it's only available in Japan with no word on a western release date. Stay tuned. Sound like something you would be interested in? [Source]
I have always liked their stuff.
Check out this epic video showcasing IMDb's top 250 movies in just two and a half minutes. Very cool! What's your favorite movie from this bunch?
The guys over at Harman Kardon announce two brand new Home Theater Receivers from their 2013 line-up -- AVR-700, AVR-1700. Both of these beauties feature 5.1 channel speaker configuration, HDMI 1.4a connections, decoding for Dolby and DTS audio formats, including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, and USB ports.As for price... The AVR-700 retails at just $299 and the AVR-1700 for $499. What do you think?[Source]
Sony has announced its latest full HD 3D home cinema projector, the VPL-HW50ES. The VPL-HW50ES utilizes an adapted version of ‘Reality Creation’ technology which was developed for the Sony's VPL-VW1000ES 4K home cinema projector. The technology ‘Reality Creation’ employs an originally developed digital signal processing algorithm to restore any information lost when packaging from original content to disc, recreating high quality, color-rich, full HD images.The VPL-HW50ES...
A new September survey shows more people are watching content through Amazon Prime Instant Video than Netflix.Among four previous surveys dating back to 2010, Netflix’s market share has fallen 9% while Amazon’s has risen 15%. Also, 18% of Netflix subscribers now pay for Amazon Prime Instant Video – up 4% since the previous survey.Some other interesting data:Andy Golub of ChangeWave had this to share about the survey:Has anyone here been watching more Amazon Instant...
A new mobile interface called ‘Pinch’ is being developed that lets multiple devices link their screens together to form a larger display. Pinch is being developed by a research group at the Tokyo University of Technology. It gets its name from the fact that users make the pinch gesture on the screen of two mobile devices in order to link them. Currently the devices need to be linked via Wi-Fi. Check out this demo video for more info: This is pretty cool...
For people who like a familiar interface, yes, it's needed. I'm old school power-user, what can I say Heck, my Desktop has looked the same ever since Windows 98. I'm weird like that!But I added that screenshot just to show that there is nothing to fear with Win 8 in terms of power-users and those who want to stick with a familiar face and work environment. This was my biggest fear too, hence the reason I just want to ensure to those on the fence about Win 8. Like I said,...
It shouldn't be a deal breaker. There is no need to use Metro or the "apps" at all. Ive been using Win8 for 3 days now and haven't used Metro at all... well, besides just checking it out to see what it offers. But I have been using Win8 exactly the same as I always have with Win7/XP, and with multiple monitors (3 of them). And just for reference... The main programs I use simultaneously are: Photoshop, 2 Firefox browsers (with like 20 tabs), OpenOffice (Word, Excel), Web...
Ive now been using Win8 since Friday, and I have to say, I love it. For those who want to use it purely as "Win7" can do so without seeing any of the new [Metro] stuff. Just have to install one lightweight program called Classic Shell -- it even boots you straight to Desktop. Though even without this program, Metro is a non-issue. I honestly can't think of one complaint about Win8 after 3 days of hardcore-power-user use. It kinda has made me wonder how anyone could...