or Connect

Posts by nintygaming

Guys, Don't downgrade to LCD. Keep your CRT RPTV, or salvage one from an unnecessary demise. Calibrate it and you will be SHOCKED as to what you were missing. Here's just a small sample as to what your missing - http://www.avsforum.com/t/695922/dont-dump-your-crt-rptv/7740#post_19748738 Its going to be a while before we get OLED (the only true CRT replacement) in affordable fashion (and motion-blur-free), so right now the best option is what you currently have - yet only...
I hate to make things worse,But,Emulators in general lag around 3 frames. Its nearly impossible to emulate games with 2 frames or less of lag due to the nature of how emulators process frames. Even the most accurate SNES emulator (BSNES) lags 3-4 frames on average, and Nintendo's own emulators are no-where near as accurate as BSNES (now called Higan).So Waveboy, whats happening is your playing with 4-5 frames of lag JUST with the Gamepad by itself (or the 3DS by itself)...
Yes they do, read the negative reviews on most of the powered ones and see for yourself. (amazon.com). Heck I had two powered one's 8 or so years ago and they distorted the picture quality, so I sent them back. Yet two other Sony models (non-powered) displayed the picture quality as-is. Unfortunately they are composite-s-video only.
Yes it truly is component. The particular TV in question does only component or composite.
I'm looking to combine 2 "Component" sources into 1 input on the back of my TV, and I would hate to be forced to buy a Selector-Switch Box just to do something so simple for only 2 devices. I know that using a standing Y-Cable will cause interference resulting in a dark or distorted image (even with only 1 source turned on) and that in order to fix this, there would need to be some kind of ohm resistance built into the splitter I think? I've searched like crazy and all I...
OLED TV's do not have motion blur, I don't know where you got the idea that they do. And CRT geometry is for sure an issue, but that can be fixed within the service menu and/or via internal adjustments done correctly ether via tiny magnets or elsewhere. Loss of focus over time is fixed with a small turn of a knob (at least it was with my TV). And they aren't bright? Are you kidding? I have a barely used 2009 Panasonic LCD that is much dimmer (even on its brightest...
Or perhaps make love to an old CRT until the OLED's arrive in smaller sizes with a reasonable price?The list of things I would need, AND need-to-do in order to have no motion blur on an LCD (or at least, hard-to-notice motion blur) is listed here - http://marky.com/backlight/lightboost-zero-motion-blur/Side Effects of this modification are: Different color, DIMMER SCREEN (slight crimson tint on BENQ, fixable via a new monitor profile, nVidia color calibration), different...
A "true" 120hz LCD still has way too much motion blur for someone like me. Heck, even a 600hz Plasma is noticeable to me. But a CRT? Perfect, no blur, flawless! That's a good reason to never ditch your CRT.
I was referring to LCD's. Plasma's are better in this regards, but still 27ms is way too much for someone like me. There are 2 main things that are currently poisoning modern TV's that I cannot accept, and they are1. Input lag2. Motion blur.These things did NOT exist prior to the "HD era". I don't care how many people say "I don't feel lag" or "I don't see blur". BULLCRAP. Its there, and its painfully noticeable to me and all others who care about this sort of thing, so...