or Connect

Posts by txbikegrrl

Well, I am bad about setting a budget. So I would say under $1000 but my husband would like it to be half. And if there are awesome speakers for like $1250 then of course I will want those. We just got a new receiver for that room, a Denon 1613 is what I think it is. I'm actually not that impressed but wondering if I need to restrip my wires or running it through the Blu-ray or however DH set it up is causing it to lose power? Anyway, as for the room size, I would...
If I move my old speakers out of the bedroom I'd like to put in some super small speakers. Not the Bose. I listened to B&W M-1s last weekend. What else?
So I'm thinking about using my old speakers EPI Series 3? to build my surround sound in the living room. Denon is the likely receiver, although I am wavering on that also now, wondering if Yamaha or Sony is better... Anyway, so what sub, center and in-ceiling speakers should I consider? Can I just pair anything together with my old pair? I'd like the new ones to "match" cause it just seems easier to deal with fewer brands.
Okay now I may move the old speakers downstairs and try to build a surround sound system around them. Possible? They are EPI, pretty sure Series 3 something 120? I would be getting very small speakers for my upstairs enjoyment. Maybe I should start at least one new thread...
Cool! I didn't see anyone in my area but found a store about 40 minutes away (without traffic) that has Monitor Audio as well as a few more "common" brands.
I don't have a diagram, but will work on measurements later. I would estimate it is 12 by 18 but not fully enclosed, the back half of the room opens into the dining area they form an L.
So I'm in a major metro area but can't find anywhere to listen to a variety of speakers. I can listen to Klipsch for sure at the "upscale" Best Buy in the nice part of town. Someone else recommended Monitor Audio on another forum. I have no idea where to find those other brands...
I was considering Definitive Technology but it didn't seem good for classical music?
So I've been waiting 5 years to get speaker for our living room. It is prewired for surround sound and my partner loves to watch movies so I'm going to get a whole system. I was trying to decide between a several receivers and he wants the DenonAVR3313C for some technical aspects so we are set on that I guess. As for speakers, good friends of ours have B&W one of the 800 series. After I heard those I was set on getting a lower end of the same brand. Now that we have...
So I've been waiting 5 years to get speaker for our living room. It is prewired for surround sound and my partner loves to watch movies so I'm going to get a whole system. I was trying to decide between a several receivers and he wants the DenonAVR3313C for some technical aspects so we are set on that I guess. As for speakers, good friends of ours have B&W one of the 800 series. After I heard those I was set on getting a lower end of the same brand. Now that we have...