or Connect

Posts by e485926

Hello All, So i have gone through some previous threads on this issue but am having a hard time deciding what route to take. So let me give you some back ground. Recently purchased a house and the Attic was in good shape. Called dibs on it (as my wife thought i was an idiot and couldn't do anything with it) and carpeted/painted the attic. It already had AC vents, so i decided to convert it into my theater room. So now i have a projector system set up with surround sound....
Hello All- I recently converted my Attic into a Home Theater. I have a 55 inch TV mounted and a 106 inch remote controlled screen for my projector. I have 2 cans of dimable lights which i have to manually turn off when i start a movie. I will be honest - i am not comfortable installing/changing lighting fixtures or switches. Thus keeping that in mind, do you know of products that i can use to remotely control the lighting? I was thinking the light (external fixtures or the...
Thanks. Anyone over here use the 12 volt trigger? I would love to use it. I have an Epson 8350 and i dont know how i can get it to work on that. Anyone who can help me? Thank you
Hey Guys - I have finally joined the JBL family. For my Left and Right speakers, i bought the JBL ES30BKs bookshelf speakers and the center channel is ES250. They reached my place yesterday and i love them. I want to mount the speakers - is that possible? These are pretty heavy speakers and i didnt know what options i had. Anyone who has ES30s or is aware of them - what setup is normally used? Thanks guys.
Hi all - So i have a Pioneer vsx 53 receiver. I just connected my JBL speakers to them and tried to connect it to the PS3 and WD Live player. After everything was hooked on, i tried my new 35 ft long HDMI wire to connect the receiver to the TV ( i plan on using the receiver with the TV and the Projector - thus i need a 35 ft hdmi wire), there were lines and spots on the TV. I used the 2nd HDMI and i couldnt even see anything. So i thought my receiver had a problem, so...
Hi all - So i have a Pioneer vsx 53 receiver. I just connected my JBL speakers to them and tried to connect it to the PS3 and WD Live player. After everything was hooked on, i tried my new 35 ft long HDMI wire to connect the receiver to the TV ( i plan on using the receiver with the TV and the Projector - thus i need a 35 ft hdmi wire), there were lines and spots on the TV. I used the 2nd HDMI and i couldnt even see anything. So i thought my receiver had a problem, so...
Hi guys - So i bought the speakers. I just realized - how will i bring the wire all the way till the receiver? I plan on keeping the receiver at the back of the room. What should i buy for JBL wires to reach the final destination? Thanks all.
Which JBLs would you recommend? Also ES80 and ES80BK - are they the same?
Hello All - Looking to buy the Elite Spectrum 100 inch screen (16:9). A couple of quick questions - 1) Does anyone know when installing it to the ceiling, if there is any problem hitting the stud? If so, how is it installed? 2) For the 100 inch screen, it has a top black border of 10 inch vs. 106 has it for 6 inch. why the difference? I dont want the borders to be that thick and want the border to be the least amount as possible. Your input is greatly appreciated.
man those look good. I wish i could get them. After buying the screen - i am not left with as much money as i would like. So for about 500 dollars - i was planning on buying the JBL ES 80 left and right. I just didnt know what you guys thought about using the ES 80 with the receiver? Also, i have read good things about it but havent heard it in real life, so thought id check with you guys first. Also - is there a difference between the ES 80 and the ES 80BK? Thanks