or Connect

Posts by mcf57

I have a Panasonic Plasma (TC-P50UT50) that lost its two HDMI ports (but its component/composite input and smart features work fine). I am gonna attempt to repair it myself as I feel confident its the AV board. I opened it up last night and looked at it and there are ALL KINDS of odd connectors on the AV board. Are these hard to unplug/disconnect and put the new AV board on? Or do I have to be REALLY careful and could tear one by accident. Or are they fairly easy to...
hello. I have a Panasonic Plasma (TC-P50UT50). Recently, we had a severe thunderstorm in our area. I think it might have taken out both (two) of its HDMI inputs. Here is the full situation & what I have done to narrow down the issue: I was at work at the time, but the wife and kids were at home watching the severe weather reports on TV. According to my wife and neighbor, there was a significant lightning strike within the area and maybe about 100 yards from the house....
I have a TC-P50UT50 Panasonic (plasma) Smart TV. I love the TV and it has been working great, but had a question about one of its internet channels/app. I used to have access to the NHL Center Ice channel for its streaming content. However, it says this channel/app is no longer available. Is this a temporary thing due to the NHL being in a lockout (& games getting cancelled). If the lockout ends, will the channel/app most likely fully return?
I was hoping to possibly get one as well. Wanted to be able to have 6 tuners run off a single M-card in order to avoid Comcrap "rental" charges, but unfortunately, it looks like this 6-tuner DVR has pretty much been canned. Oh well
I currently have a few TIVos (SD & HD) and while I am overall happy with the TiVos themselves, I am considering other options since Comcast keeps playing games regarding the charges of their cable cards (long story). I had thought about the Moxi DVR system in the past since it could independently feed up to 3 separate HDTVs from just one M-card. However, that system pretty much went under & is no longer offered or sold to the consumer. TiVo is suppose to be coming out...
Is there currently ANY network media player that can handle streaming playback from an FTP server source/address (outside home network). I have a website host provider that comes with about 100GB of online storage. I have an FTP account set up with them and store some basic files (music, documents, photos, etc.). It made me wonder that with SO many network media streamers out there, if there is any way of getting one of them to stream a video file over the internet from my...