or Connect

Posts by AZZS2602

Seem like I'll have to go with the Focals then. Considering French is my first language, I don't really have much of a choice, do I?. Since we've upped the budget I think I'd rather go with the new avr-1713 than get the refurbished on sale. Somehow, i've always been wary of buying something that was broken + taking the unit out of the country means that honoring the warranty would be a real hassle for me, unless you guys actually think the avr-1712 is a superior model. I...
I was shopping online to find a deal fo some sort and I found a denon 1713 for 350...not the greatest sale ever, but I thought it would fit nicely with either systems if I plan to stay in 5.1. What do you guys think?
Sorry about my last post. Didn't realize that the centers were in the same link...I'm was a bit distracted...I guess the question regarding the difference in sound qulaity remains. If you had the money to buy either, which one is the better value?
So, if I go for the Focal towers, what kind of center should I get? How do the Kefs compare to the Focals?
Thank you for such an elaborate reply. I was thinking the speakers would go on either side and possibly one above the TV set. They would be set right in the middle of the (30x15)feet area, near the wall of the 30 feet section - a least this is how I thought it would be best. So there would be about 11 feet to the sofa.Tower speakers would be more interested than a smaller bookshelf model. To be quite honest, the WAF is pretty important.The budget part also goes in that way...
Hi everyone, I recently bought a LED TV nd Blu-ray player and wanted to start setting up a home theater system. I'll most likely be going with denon (either 1713 or 2113ci) and can only start with up to 3.0 or 3.1 speakers because of space constraints. The speakers will be used 60-70% for movies and video games and 30-40% for music. The room to cover is quite large though (30x15x7)feet and the actual space of the living room is (15x15x7)feet. I would like not to spend...
Thank you! I have been looking at the avr-xx12 and avr-xx13 for a day or two and I wondered if the 2113ci wouldn't be too much for what I m going to do with it! Is the sound quality really superior to the 1712 ? I' am starting from scratch and I don't have any legacy devices. I'll be positng in the speaker forum follwoing your suggestion!
Hello everyone! I'm completely new here, so hopefully I am in the right section and you can help me! I've been shopping for my first home theater system for a few weeks now and feel completely lost regarding audio in general and amps in particular. I thought this would be the right place to ask as there seems to be so many knowledgeable people in here! So I recently bought a Samsung Es506100 LG BD630 I am planning on eventually setting up a 5.1 system, but I have to...