or Connect

Posts by STRADALE

Leon - Thanks. Laservue is 75"?? I want to jump up in screen size from a 73" for a more immersive feeling. For my viewing distance it came down to 90" minimum. Special_FX_45 - Thanks, I'm feeling more confident that it was the right decision after re-visiting the store, doing more research & reading the advise here...I felt the same way about the SHARP 90"- that "it was way better than expected". I had been looking forward to seeing it in person but when I visited the...
Got it. The fact that the SHARP will go down in price quite a bit was a concern of mine too. Guess it depends if you're going to keep the set when you upgrade next time or will sell it.. If you're going to keep it then maybe just go with whatever set you feel looks best even at a premium now. I know that as long as I don't have major issues with the set I'm buying now, I'll most likely keep it & rotate in my home for the next 10,12 even 15 + years. The oldest rear...
Hmmmm. That's really interesting... Thank you.Probably why the SHARP shows more details imo. I've always liked the picture on my DLP, we watch it constantly but compared to the SHARP LED, it's almost like comparing the detail of a 1080i image to 1080p...... My Mitsu is impressive and I never really thought it lacked details for a extra large set especially in 1080p until I saw the same blu-ray movie on the SHARP 90" LED....... If there's no PQ advancements in the 92"...
Thanks for everyone's replies, all very helpful. I know the Mitsu 92" is the better deal but when it comes to a couple of expensive things that I really enjoy, it's more important to me that I'm totally happy with it. If I find myself later on wishing I had bought a better version then it never feels like I did the right thing/got a deal.... I don't have money to burn but the question I'm debating - If price were left out of the equation which set is going to be more...
Appreciate all the very helpful replies. Thank you. I re-visited BB to purchase a Harmony 900 remote,,,,, got to spend a little more time watching the 90" SHARP & the other sets displayed... As I mentioned in the original post; I have a 73' Mitsu WD-73737... My local BB doesn't display DLP's any longer.. I asked why & the SM said; "they're being fazed out".. I don't believe that, if anything Mitsu appears to have a nitch in these huge sets @ great prices but it did make...
Thanks for the replies guys. If it was between the Sharp 80" & the Mitsu 92", there's probably no question I'd go w/ the 92. 15ft. is the minimum viewing distance for me, the room is 25ft..... 80" vs. 92" doesn't sound like a big difference in size but it's huge. Even when I was comparing the 80" SHARP to the 90" side by side you really get a sense if just how much more immersive the larger 90" is. I thought about the 4k SONY but decided against it because I always seem...
If anyone has an opinion about the above comparison could you please let me know. Received a couple of replies in the Rear Projection Section to go with the Mitsu 92" DLP (guess that's to be expected,, but appreciated none the less) If it was strictly about picture quality which one is better SHARP's 90" LED or Mitsu's 92" DLP? THANKS!
Great forum, very informative. First post for me. I own a Mitsu. WD-73737 manufactured in 2006. Last weekend I bought SHARP's 90" LED (delivery is scheduled for next weekend by Geek Squad) to replace the 73" Mitsu (that I'm moving to another room) but now I'm not sure if I did the right thing or should have bought one of the 92' Mitsu DLP's. Obviously there's a big difference in price but if you were not taking cost into account, if both sets (SHARP 90" LED & Mitsu 92"...
Great forum, very informative. First post for me. I own a Mitsu. WD-73737 manufactured in 2006. Last weekend I bought SHARP's 90" LED (delivery is scheduled for next weekend by Geek Squad) to replace the 73" Mitsu (that I'm moving to another room) but now I'm not sure if I did the right thing or should have bought one of the 92' Mitsu DLP's. Obviously there's a big difference in price but if you were not taking cost into account, if both sets (SHARP 90" LED & Mitsu 92"...