or Connect

Posts by JoelxD

Thanks so much wth718 for this greatly informative and honest info. I'm combing the net for another XBR950 now - lol. Honestly, I'd go with the newer 4k tvs, but I totally don't trust them yet. Plus, when will there be real 4k filmed content ? And real 4k media ? (real in the sense of not upscaled to 4k). So I am really torn on the new stuff. Hence, want another XBR950.Anyway, thanks again -
Now that the smoke has cleared, I was hoping to get a good and honest comparison of this W900A 55" vs the XBR55hx950 of last year. I currently own a XBR950 55" and am looking to get another 55" LCD for my Studio and want one of the same or better quality. I am used to this XBR950 and don't want to accidently digress. At the same time, would love to get the W900A if it was better. What exactly are their differences besides what is listed in each of their features ? My...
Hmmm, I guess I am not being clear here. Summary of my above statements are this: IMO and from my experience - Without very expensive equipment (and that equipment being very well kept AND calibrated itself), Warm 2 is not adjustable to a great setting that looks great on a vast amount of content. IMO.Neutral on the other hand is more easily adjustable with the naked eye to have a great looking picture without equipment. Again IMO.Yes I agree Warm 2 can be adjusted to...
As a owner of both a VT50 and a XBR950, and able to compare them side by side (before calibration and after calibration), me personally would NEVER give up a VT50 for a XBR950 if I didn't game alot (as the IR on the VT50 is worrisome for GAMING). For channels, I'll be honest, the VT50 is better than the XBR950. And FYI for both units, professional calibration is a must before you judge them.I can not speak on a GT50. But if you trade in for anything, trade the GT50 for the...
Well I think "contempt" is a rather strong description. And I do not think you are being mean at all. Don't worry, I love to talk about things like this maturely, its all in good spirits. I was not contempt, but more bewildered at how someone could see something with "colored haze" as being "better" is all.Again, maybe I should be more clear about what I experienced and how I feel. Cause I do still stand behind my old settings IF your not going to get your set calibrated....
Yea, it was a shocker, I think mainly cause most try to judge the 950 like the 929 or previous models, and then once they get it calibrated, they/we are very surprised. Definitely no "dynamic contrast" turned on. (if thats what you meant). I always had that off. It never has been turned on. Now if you meant Sony uses a thing called "dynamic contrast" within the tv as a uncontrollable thing from consumers, then, I guess I have no control over that, and yes, then it is being...
The even more funny thing is, there is no sw/hw tweaks for the XBR950... the only adjustable stuff for pro or not is the consumer level menu ! The VT went through the whole ISF tweaks. Yes both me and Robert were amazed looking at the XBR950 ONLY in comparison to a preconceived notion built up about it from a "spec" view point. Like you pointed out.Honestly, I believe I see blacker blacks and whiter whites (one extreme to the other) on the 950 than the VT50... without the...
Well it was some Blu-Ray's that I brought in and also a motion shot that I specifically test for motion that I have on a USB thumb drive. All media was played through a Oppo BDP 93 at Magnolias, and all settings were set to what I thought was properly. The Oppo allowed us to shot the identical signal out 2 HDMI ports simultaneously, and so I could compare 2 TV's at a time.That said, I am almost sure I tried flicking between the 24p and motion enhancements, off, on and in...
You didn't miss it on them posts, but way earlier in the forums you would see my slow growth of explanations here.Anyway, long story short, the 2 TV's are actually in 2 different houses. VT50 at my moms house. XBR950 for me at my house.That said, I did a FULL tv shootout at Magnolias (this is what you would have read about in earlier posts in both this forum and the XBR950 forum). I brought tons of material and some of it wasn't just normal material, some was strictly for...
Honestly, if I didn't play so many video games and the exact ones I play and for how long I play them, I would go with 2 Panasonic VT50's. But with the IR we get from the VT50 that I constantly see, I most definitely wouldn't take the chance with a VT50 for my behavior. I pass out at 3am with a video game on pause a lot and wake up the next day.... When I do play, I play for sometimes literally all day. The games I play have wicked HUD's and several things that are on the...