or Connect

Posts by Cigarjohn47

For all those who own a pair of the Magnepan 20.7's that's being used for music only and not theater use, can you please answer these questions for me if possible: 1) The dimensions of the listening room including ceiling height and whether the room has windows or not. 2) Space dimensions away from the wall if near a wall or window. 3) What volume levels are you using. 4) If your using a solid state or tubed amp. 5) What amp wattage are you using. 6) What type of...
Since my installation and calibration in June of 2013, there still fantastic sounding speakers. Even regular T.V. shows, even though there up in the ceilings, the fronts speakers voices and dialog sound like there right in the middle of the screen. There so realistic sounding. Though they are older speaker technology, they do have the illusion of standing speakers. You will be amazed. Check out this link. It persuaded me to purchase them. I also have the same subwoofer in...
I have to disagree with some of your information. I have the RCS II's and RSS II's installed in a 7.1 configuration and had Jeff Meyer do a custom calibration of them. They sound incredible. Of course nothing beats standing speakers but not everyone has the proper room configuration to use true standing speakers. For the type of speakers they are, there not bad. And musically, there incredible sounding. Unless you have witnessed them for yourself, you shouldn't judge them....
I'm having great success with my Panasonic 65" VT50. Amazing picture quality. Though I had it professionally calibrated by Jeff Meyer. I watched Harry Potter #1 last night for the first time on my new Plasma and was astonished seeing how black the blacks were and how all colors of the movies were so sharp.
Well; so far, it's been 13 days now with no problems. Ever since I turned off the RIHD and ARC commands in my pre-amp, I'm not getting the HDMI Start Up logo each time I turn everything on. I guess the RIHD and ARC have been creating the handshaking problems for me. I'm still a little impatient about it. Hopefully that was the cure.
Yeah, that does look depressing seeing that empty space. My heart goes out to you. I hope it gets fixed and you have no more problems with it as the holidays start to roll around. It's nice to be able to come home from work and to be able to watch a movie and relax.Hey, what kind of an amp is that? How long have you had it? Has it been working good for you? Just curious.Well I wish you the best. It's a shame that Integra quality has been going downhill. I should have never...
He first connected some weird device to the middle of my TV. It was some type of a tube that leaned against the middle of my screen. The TV went through all different types of color pattern tests for an hour or so. Then he measured my speakers with this interesting laser device and connected his spectrum analyzer, computer and other equipment to the Audyssey Microphone Port on my DHC and that took like 5 hours to do since I couldn't keep my big mouth shut and was...
I found out what my VT50's color specks were and changed my 500's color specks to the same which was 4:4:4 instead of the different RGB settings they offer. I hope I'm not confusing anyone here.
Depending on your budget and how you use your player either for movies or both movies and music, I would recommend you going with a pre-amp and amp setup. Having separate units will produce a higher quality of sound and you'll have less of a chance of getting any equipment hum. Not saying a receiver is bad but in a receiver, they cram so much technology in it that they have to end up cutting corners and that's where you may lose some of your movie and musical details and...
There is no volume control on the player. I adjust the volume through my pre-amp. But if your connecting your player straight to your TV with no receiver or pre-amp in between, you would use your TV's volume control. The player has a TV volume button on the top of the remote. Though the remote really sucks in performance. For under $10.00, you can get a new remote for the 220 version of Panasonic blue ray playre: N2QAYB00719 is the model number. This remote works perfectly...