or Connect

Posts by clanmjc

I'm in Ack's boat, I'm going to do DIY next, I already have the bug I've only had the pa-150 since October but now I want the strongest lowest frequency extension I can get for the money. Had I done my research before hand I would have probably made the Dayton 18 HO build for only a few hundred more dollars than the pa that can really really get low.
I cant speak for the 2112, but I have the 3312 and it does have AM/FM, came with an antenna that I have never hooked up. (Using streaming instead)Update: Looked at the back of the 2112 on the Denon site and it does in fact have an FM/AM input. (Look at the rear image, zoom in and look at bottom left corner of the image)http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?CatId=avreceivers(denonna)&PId=avr2112ci(denonna)
Alright here was my fix.After having tried many codecs and tricks based on posts on this forum, Microsoft's and others I decided to just try fresh for myself. I searched for WMP 12 flac codec and grabbed the "Media Player Codec Pack" off of CNET (I actually included CNET in my google search). Installed it and I can now play the FLAC files on my PC as well as to my Denon (Although it feels very buggy but maybe it's just the large file sizes). I can also see my media...
Correct. Cant reach the same SPL at the lower frequency compared to 35-40hz+
I recently picked up the 3312, I have it hooked up to my home network. I've downloaded the latest firmware etc. Airplay through itunes works great, however, I want to play my flac files on the receiver. I know itunes doesn't do this, so I could try converting my flac to apple lossless but I'd like to get it working for flac first. In any case, I downloaded WMP 12 (It was not included with my win 7 ultimate 64bit edition), then I downloaded the codec that is in the link...
What would I plug it with... and would I be using the same 250w bash amp? (I might give this a try lol)
It doesn't help that I had been running my PA-150 extra extra hot either, such that now that I'm reference calibrated it feels like no bass. I'm getting my ears used to it though. We watched MIB3 last night and some scenes from Transformers and I got to experience some bass again. That said, you are right, the low extension I'm missing is really the problem which is why I want to, for the money, get the lowest frequency I can get. I missed the sale on the amp (Just saw...
Thank you for your kind words. Eventually when I build my garage out I'll add the necessary tools/equipment for a complete cut and build but I wont be able to do that for my first build. It sounds like great fun though, I enjoy a good weekend (or 2) projects of mine own that aren't mandated by my better half. As for completed enclosures or at least ones that are complete cut for me and all I have to do is assemble them, I'm up for the task I'll just need a few more...
Gorilla83 thanks for the response. Through my research I've been looking at that website considerably a lot. Sometimes I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Some of the descriptions look like I get a kit, that I will then put together with hardware I will need to purchase as well as glue and what not. I'm a complete noob in this area. Sometimes it also appears like they have completely finished enclosures, maybe those are just pictures of what the finished assembled...
I bought a PA-150 2 months ago that replaced a HTIB yamaha cheapo. Whent from 50rms 100 peak to the 15" pa 250rmw Bash amd and 1000 peak(if it really gets there.) I've been loving it, I didn't do calibration when I first got it I had an old Yamaha 371, so everything was manual, no SPL meter or any software used just a tape measure. After recently upgrading to the Denon 3312 and running Audyssey I realize I was way over "gaining/volume" my sub's knobs. After MultEQ XT I...