or Connect

Posts by jsisk54

I previously had a full-scale 5.2 Atlantic system. Several years old, but very good. Unexpected need to quickly relocate created the need/opportunity to set up a much simpler HT system. The SB-235 was a great solution for me. I had heard it at the CEDIA show, so I was comfortable trying it out.
I have the Atlantic sound bar. As the specs imply, it extends sufficiently deep to satisfy and not leave you feeling like something is missing. However, I did try adding Atlantic's 8" active sub, and it does make a nice difference if the low frequency content is in the sound track. I think the sub has the most benefit for movie sound tracks where LF content is more prevalent and unnaturally manipulated for effects. For music, especially acoustic, I think be benefit of the...
The 2-channel to 3 is fairly dramatic. The 5-channel and 5-channel enhanced are more subtle, but as effective as I have heard from a soundbar. The "speech" button appears to provide increased gain in the frequency range of voices. It is effective but noticeably louder. For general listening, I prefer the 5-channel setting. This system is doubling for audio from MP3 library. Some systems seem to work OK for movies but really are not very natural for listening to acoustic...
One of the lasting impressions from CEDIA was hearing the PB-235 soundbar at the Atlantic Technology booth. Even in the less than ideal show acoustic environment, I was very impressed with the demo presented, both music and movie soundtrack... impressed enough to order one for a simple man cave I was setting up. Got it installed last weekend atop a 60" TV and began my evaluation. I expected that it would perform better in the "cave" than at the show, and it does. The sound...