or Connect

Posts by just jim

DW not smooth? Give each square or the whole surface, a tight (thin) coat of Durabond or Sandable/Sheetrock 90 and a light well-used 220 sand to hide the DW paper texture and any taping issues. Obviously easier before the inner moulding is installed. The finish will be as smooth as your baby's... There is also a spray coat called Tuff Hide from CGC, now US Gypsum that goes on and is self leveling and will give a Level 5 finish. It goes on thick and you would swear...
Love the acoustically clear racking! And it looks like your HT is actually finished. I'm jealous!
Because of the shape of the taper on the wood screws, they would pull right through the Drywall. If you put a drywall screw in so that it is just below the surface and then take it out to look at the paper surface of the DW, you will see that the screw has pulled the paper in without tearing it. It is the strength of the paper that permits the screw to hold up the DW. Do the same with a wood screw... Too bad about the metal. I guess with the volume of it being used in...
HI Elill, the screws in the link are actually called flat head. The little ribs on the underside of the head is a modification to help countersink the head in particle board or wood. They are not the bugle head used for Drywall screws and should not be used for Drywall. The bugle head is curved much like...well exactly like the end of a bugle. If you are finding the construction of the ducts daunting...I had mentioned the sheet metal ducts that come lined with 1"...
What's to learn about large scale invasion planning? You have a button. Or should I say a football. "push button, duck" Does this mean we'll have to call you sir with a capital S? Good luck! If it would help, you could fly me over and back and I could bring the module right to Peterborough. Anything to help! Have fun with your Dad! Sir.
That should to do it! So you aren't using any columns in your decor that you could use as a duct to suck air from the floor (if you are in the basement, this will help keep the room warmer as well (if you get any cold weather)) or have access to space outside the back wall. As you probably know the best circulation results from taking return air from the furthest point possible from the supply and not forgetting to mixing air top to bottom. Nice table, by the way!
" I've not plugged it in yet so cannot comment on noise, that is more to do with the duct design IMvHO. It has a fan speed controller built in." Can you get lined duct where you are? Look for a commercial heating supply. It is ducting that is 2" (5 cm) bigger per cross section dimension and has 1" (2.5 cm) rigid fiberglass sound insulation all around on the INSIDE of the duct. So a 6 x 8 duct would be 8 x 10 O.D., but still 6 x 8 on the inside. Use at least one 90...
Yeah. He's probably done and has forgotten about us already...
Wow! Do these storms happen mainly in the fall or do they happen all through the winter? Here, the hurricane season is through the fall. So the front of the theater looks good. Can you photoshop the rest? I think you can photoshop the extra stuff out of the way as well.
I hate to see historic building lost, but at least you're OK. The coffee steadies the knees? How much soil have you got before hitting bedrock? Lucky the wave action didn't wash away the soil! If you got that scotch, go have a wee dram!