or Connect

Posts by wings49

i have a noticeable buzzing noise that seems to be coming from the top right hand corner fan in the back. (65GT30) gets louder as the TV gets brighter. i also had an issue that i was troubleshooting (turned out to be a bad HDMI cable) and tried other inputs and noticed a huge drop in picture quality especially in the blacks (graininess and what looked like squiggles, for lack of a better term). realized that picture settings were on standard and not my usual custom setting.
you are entitled to your opinion as am I. i just wish that a $2000 MSRP unit would be more about the sound rather than the features that i will never use. in my house i have Paradigm Reference, Monitor Audio, Polk, Definitive technology, Yamaha, Emotiva and Denon. My ears might know a little something about what sounds good.
why? because you have a marantz?
I am in the same boat as you. dont replace it. i just got an emotiva XPA 5 which fixes everything that i thought was bad about the receiver (lack of lower frequencies) and really improves everything i thought was great ( mid range and soundstage). dont be lured by room correction and lossless audio that are offered in these newr units. i recently returned a Marantz SR 7007 that was on sale for for just under$1500 total here in windsor. i hated it. soundstage was gone and...
have had a Denon avr 3805 that i bought new and was never completely happy with until i added and emotiva xpa 5 just this last october. huge difference. recently decided to upgrade to HDMI and purchased a Marantz SR 7007 to replace the Denon. HUGE disappointment. the Marantz went back to the store and the Denon went back in my rack. so i am voting for the Denon AVR 3805. did not think a receiver could make that much difference especially when used as a pre amp.
currently using a denon avr 3805 and studios sound very bright and almost too revealing. not a lively room whatsoever. studio 60 v5 adp 590 v5 2 x pw 2200 milennia 30 front center milennia 20 rear center leaning towards a pioneer sc - 68 or keep the 3805 for now and replace 60's with golden ear tritons (2 or 3) i use my ps3 exclusively for all music listening using mp3 ripped at 320 from my own cd's. ran auto setup\roomeq numerous times with different results each time....