or Connect

Posts by poweranimals

Thanks. On a sidenote, does any of the newer HDDVR models have a VGA output?
Thanks. My laptop definitely has a VGA output so that would be helpful. I don't suppose they sell those things at the Walmart?Figures, but it's still acceptable.
Sorry. I'm kind of a newbie to this. I'm guessing my laptop accepts this as it's a relatively new model, but how can you tell?.So you mean I would have to hit record while the file's playing on the laptop?
Does anyone know if the Magnavox 513 allows you to record from a laptop? Like maybe there's a cable you can use to hook the laptop into the DVR and record?
I have a question. I have tue 513H. I got it a few years ago when it was new. What's the latest model out of curiousity and what improvements does it have over the 513? Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
And how exactly do I do that?
Does anyone else know how to fix the loud obnoxious buzzing sound that comes on sometimes. It used to stop after a few minutes but now it keeps going. If I shut it off and turn it back on, the noise comes back. This is for the 513H by the way.
Okay, I have another question. Is there a way to hook a laptop up to the recorder? I wanted to see if I could record HD straight from my laptop.
Oh so I do need an antena? I hope my neighbor has one. I don't really want to have to buy one for a one time use.It stopped after a few minutes and hasn't happened since. At least not nearly as loud. It does buzz for a bit when I first power it on, but that's been happening for at least a year.
Thanks all. I'm so glad I didn't have to buy a new one. Anyway, I've got another question. In the midst of the storm, my cable is now out and doesn't look like it'll be back on anytime soon. My question is how do I set the unit to receive over the air channels? It only seems to be set up to work with the cable at the moment? Any ideas? Edit: Sorry about the double post. I don't know how that happened. I only cliced submit once.