or Connect

Posts by vinnier6

my tv has been perfect....i do have the time warner cable box set to L PMC, no lip sync issues, no picture issues, nothing....
take a damp micro fibre cloth and a dry micro fibre cloth, wipe with damp one, then follow with dry one....
thats because your optical went to your reciever from the tv, and your dvd went to the tv...if you want your dvd to use audio through the reciever then you need to put the dvd player through the reciever as well.....if i had a reciever, i would put everything through the reciever, and run 1 hdmi from tv to reciever....
back in the day, tv's lasted 20+ years....i just dont know if thats the case anymore...my last tv was a sony lcd rear projection tv, lasted 6 years...its now in the extra room with what is know as the sony blue blob....
if you want any sound to come through your reciever then that item will have to be hooked up to your reciever....ie your br player....the optical from your tv to your reciever is putting your tv through the reciever, but nothing else....
i could be wrong, but i believe you will need a reciever with hdmi...everything will go to the reciever via hdmi, then 1 hdmi going from your reciever to the tv....
the lip sync correction setting on the tv only adjusts one way, it doesnt help with the issues that these tv's are having....its a cable/sat box issue....
dont tell them your having problems, just ask how to get the box into LPCM mode....
my install
try using some of the settings that the folks here are using....i used some settings i found on cnet for this tv, then i tweaked on them a bit...i think i have mine up here somewhere...