or Connect

Posts by vinnier6

what is a set top box
what is a set top box
thats the one i used....
that is not entirely correct....he has it hooked up as the vizio soundbar owners manual says to....hdmi(arc) from tv to sound bar, and hdmi from soundbar to cable box....
so what hdmi are you using to watch tv, 1 or 2.....do you get sound using a dvd player
16mm just seems to be the perfect size for the mount i used, it made me feel good knowing i had a decent amound of screw threaded into the hole....i stated before, that the 16mm lenth fits all the way into the hole without bottoming out, so being longer then the 10mm ones sent with the tv gave me more lenth to hold the tv....plus the screws i used just looked stronger...larger heads and less prone to stripping....
you got your information from wikipedia....a polarized plug has one blade that is larger then the other....a non polarized plug has both the same size....look around your house and see what you have, some will be one way and others will be the other....they both will work in an outlet that is code for residential homes....like i said, it doesnt matter in this case....
why do you care if its polarized or not....i would rather it not be....but at the end of the day it doesnt really matter
i went on ebay and typed in tv power cord, and all kinds of this cord came up in different lenths.....
i also used 16mm mounting screws....to me the pre installed ones were too short for my brackets....my mounting kit came with a number of different lenth screws, i settled on the 16mm as i was able to thread them in all the way without hitting the end prior to using the bracket...the next lenth i tried hit the end before the screw was all the way in, so i went with 16mm....anything longer will require some spacers