or Connect

Posts by Jess Sayin

Since you asked, I tried the yellow button with a CD playing on my BDP-93. Doesn't work. The Oppo instructions I quoted above was for the BDP-105. So, yes, maybe another reason to upgrade.
Thanks, JZC! In fact, I haven't tried those yet. I have auditioned a few (B&W, some others) but I'm finding it a challenge to timbre-match my good old "SpeakerLab 3" (this brand should date me!). Another problem - I'm in Hawaii and there are very few local shops to find speakers that I haven't tried yet.With the ones I have auditioned, I get better results just from the Yamaha's phantom center. But I will happily accept recommendations of shielded full-range centers that I...
I already PM'd you that I have had excellent experience with the Yamaha's phantom center, due to my unique limitation that prevents a center speaker in my setup. I agree with FOH's observations and suggestions. Just chiming in here to raise one other option - if possible in your room: What is at the opposite end of the room (where the photographer must be standing)? Can you re-arrange everything, swapping it all around 180 degrees? I solved an annoying room problem where...
Totemphile, I also have no center channel in a system matched to an older Sony 34" cathode ray tube HDTV that still looks great (can't part with it!) but it reacts badly to center channel magnets. So I can understand why in some instances one might have no center channel speaker. For this system I did exactly what you asked about - set center to "none", and set up with YPAO. The Yamaha RX-A3000 handles the missing center extremely well. In video playback, voices center...
It isn't in the manual, but you can also find happiness if you press the YELLOW button when starting a CD / SACD playback. It brings up the option of re-ordering CD / SACD tracks as you like.I asked Oppo about this. Here is the reply:"2. You will press the YELLOW button when you start a CD or SACD to create a specific playlist for that title.Best Regards,Customer ServiceOPPO Digital, Inc."
BTW: Here is the very brief information on ver.3.34 from the Yamaha website: This firmware includes the following improvements. 1. Compatibility with the latest Napster network music streaming service (in Europe) *Music service availability varies by region. 2. Improves SiriusXM Internet Radio connectivity (in USA/Canada) 3. Improves operation stability Anyone have more or detailed information, or experienced issues (either improvements or problems) with this firmware?
I've been getting the firmware notification without downloading it yet, and had no blanking out pictures or any other issues (I also have RX-A3000). Have you isolated the problem?2 Questions:1) An assumption more than a question: You had the problem (blanking image) BEFORE downloading the firmware update (vers. 3.34), correct?2) For anyone: Where do I find a description of changes / fixes for vers 3.34? (It's information I like to know if possible before downloading new...
CruelIntentions - I am sorry, I was not referring to you when mentioning "trolling." I hope you did not take offense. Arnyk - you really don't know who you are trolling after. Jess Sayin is not my real name. It was amusing at first but its getting a bit foolish and old by now. Shall we move on to new things? Thanks.
Unfortunately, this thread is unrecoverably hijacked with off-topic anti-DSD diatribe. If this argument is from someone on winter break from classes, it will be a relief when school is back in session in January. I did not post here to read monotonously repeated biases against DSD - a format that sounds perfectly good to me. I would have liked to read even some little thing about the Tascam recorder I posted to ask about - or some information on digitizing LPs, which is...
I apologize for suggesting anything wrong with your system. It was just a poor choice of words to express my surprise, as the music I collect and enjoy was something I would hope others could discover and enjoy too. So the real point was to list some excellent SACD releases to try, and hope the original poster wondering about his system could enjoy it to.Of course, there are many who do hear differently. Or more plainly, everyone hears differently. Not everyone approaches...