or Connect

Posts by avsforumun

The problem is, the other tvs are in other rooms, and there is only a HDMI cable running to them. So right now, if I want to watch tv in another room, I need to go into the denon menu, set it to tv, then when i go back to my main stereo, I need to go into the menu, set it back to AVR. Its a pain in the butt. Why oh why is there no option for TV + AVR.... I know Ive seen TV+AVR feature on some low end receivers... I paid a lot for this 1713... what the heck...
I have a Denon 1713, and I get audio through the speakers (connected to the denon), and I get video on my tv (connected to the denon). The problem is, the hdmi out form the denon doesnt seem to carry a audio signal, it's as if it is being stripped, and only the video signal is being sent. I want to split the hdmi signal from the denon and send it to other tvs in the house, but I want them to have audio too, not just video. Is there some option in the setup menu where I...
So I assumed that the RCA (video) inputs on the back of my 1713 would allow me to connect my cable box (which only has rca outputs), and that signal would then be sent across the HDMI output. However I just get a black screen. Am I missing something? Do I need to buy a RCA -> HDMI converter box? Thanks
Can the homeworx record the signal coming from a cable box? I would like to go Cable box (Comcast) -> Homeworx -> TV. I know it will only have basic functionality (I assume it would only record Ch 3), but that would be fine. I just want basic time shifting/pausing, and conversion from rca/coax in, to HDMI out.
@WS65711 Again... not trying to decrypt anything... Just want to record AFTER the cable box, AFTER it has already been decrypted. And convert it from a coax or rca to HDMI, since my receiver only has HDMI inputs. So.... Can anyone recommend anything? Searching for PVR on amazon shows a lot of things... Didnt mean to sidetrack this thread, but I cant be the first person who saw coax in, hdmi out ports on this box and thought it would work this...
You would think there'd be a simple box that does not require any service/subscription fees. All I want is to be able to pause/rewind whatever channel I am currently viewing. I dont care about scheduling shows/times/channels, etc... The reason I jumped on this iView is that Amazon had it listed as Digital Converter Box that also records! It had coax in and hdmi out, and thats exactly what I needed. Alas, it was not meant to be. There must be some cheap way...
So how much are we talking? Can you post any links? I have an old tivo, but it does not have hdmi out...
Ok thanks, it's just kinda confusing for the product to say it supports analog passthrough, but not be able to record that very signal as its 'passing through'. And what about the cable card mdavej suggested. How would that work? Or assuming that also would not work, can anyone please recommend a box that converts coax to HDMI, and has dvr capabilities? Something around the same price as the iview (40 bucks) would be nice. Thanks
I already have a cable box, which descrambles the signal. If I pass that signal to the 'analog passthrough' version of the iView, wont it be able to record it, and send it on to my tv via hdmi?And my comcast office said they would rent me a 'cable card' for $1 a month, but im assuming its a actual 'card' that plugs in somewhere? So it wont work with the iView itself? But in any case, wont my above solution (wall -> cablebox -> analog passthrough iView -> TV), work just fine?
Located in Colorado Springs. Just called Comcast, and the guy I talked to was pretty sure they ARE being scrambled (even the basic channels), however he was not 100%. He did suggest I might be able to go to my local office and get a 'cable card', that would descramble the channels? Is that going to work with the iView? I'm guessing no. Damnit... If this thing could just pick up the output signal AFTER it's run through the cable box, it would work PERFECT for my needs......