or Connect

Posts by Fade to Black

Damn man, nice. I can't imagine the output of 4 of them! Breaking in our 18 nicely and we've been loving it! I'm gonna try putting the sub behind us to experiment like you did. ;)
Using a cheater plug took care of the hum for now. Tuned everything up with Audyssey a bit. Everything sounds much much better. Nice tight boom from the sub with respectable SPL for our room. Wife and I watched LOTR extended blurays 1+2 today at a decent volume level and they sounded AMAZING!!! Wife loves LOTR and was enjoying the rumbles, but probably not as much as I did! These movies have great LFE content.
I don't actually ground the cheater plug with a screw like its instructions suggest? The purpose is to not have a ground?
I don't actually ground the cheater plug with a screw like its instructions suggest? The purpose is to not have a ground?
Normal paint is the plan right now
Didn't know that's what those are called heh. Thanks for the suggestion!
Day 9: Test Day! With everything dry and cured, the box was ready to mate with the subwoofer. Carried the box upstairs into the house, then carried up the driver itself, and then finally mounted it. Dropped the sub inside the box and fooled around with it for a little bit. I'm getting a lot of hum- I don't know whether it's a cable or the amp. This is with my original Dayton 1000 watt plate amp. I've tried using a "real" subwoofer cable and then some regular RCAs to...
Day 8: Drilled 1/4 inch holes for the binding posts. Stuffed the insides with Acousta Stuff from PE.
The supports are not connected to one another. There is space between everything in the latticework.
Days 6 & 7: Had an awesome time in Washington. Love visiting Seattle and just the beautiful state in general. We visited Leavenworth for the tree lighting. Returned to Phoenix couple of days ago to find one of our cars stolen from the driveway... Police report later, at least I'm glad my truck is safe, which was parked next to the stolen Honda. Only liability on that car, my loss. Bummer. Spent yesterday and today glueing in the oaken planks as bracing. Noobie mistake: I...