or Connect

Posts by ctm3

Well, I returned the high contrast matte white screen for a new due to the very pronounced waves. I recently received my second copy of the 106" High Contrast Matte White Model B and indeed, it is much flatter. Even without the projector turned on, waviness is apparent in the screen material. That said, it is MUCH better than the first HCMW screen. I could return it again for another copy. How flat should these screens be out of the box? I have read here that another...
As followup, I received a 106" high contrast matte white Model B a couple days ago. My initial impressions are that the image does look better for my setup, though I still need to recalibrate my projector for the new screen (since it's still on the settings I was using for the High Power fabric). However, the high contrast matte white screen has two large diagonal waves in it fresh from the factory. They make a sort of V shape and run from top to bottom. They aren't so...
First, thank you for the replies so far. I was able to pick up a Model B with High Power fabric locally and with a return policy, just in case it doesn't work out for me. So far I'm not so sure I'm happy with it. That said, it is miles better than my old screen (an Optoma GrayWolf II by the way) so at least I've moved in the right direction. The problem now is too much brightness, even with my AE-4000U set to Cinema 1 mode, Lamp Eco urned on, and with 700+ hours on the...
I am seeking advice on manual pull down screens, both on screen material and make/model. My concerns are waves developing in the fabric and picture quality (obviously). Unfortunately, a tensioned screen probably isn't worth the upfront cost since I may move in a year and have a totally different setup. For the same reason, an electric screen probably isn't worth the cash outlay right now either. It's my understanding that I'd be spending at least $900 (or much more)...